keyless ignition

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

odieoh24

Reaction score
well. its getting colder here in vt and its just about time to put the bike up for its winter hibernation. i was looking at my wish list of things left to do on the bike and decided it looked a little short lol. i'm thinkin keyless ignition! wondering if anyone here has any experience with this modification. i've seen kits to do it, but $400.00 is a little steep right now, but not totally out of the question. all replies are greatly appreciated.

regards odieoh24

Get in touch with Scott Mellor vmoa member he did a setup that is really trick. JIM 3933

gotta leave it in N then huh? i would never leave my bike in N.

We are installing a keyless ignition on the LA bike we are building.

Sean

You don't have to leave it in neutral. They don't start just by walking up to them. You use a key fob which you keep on you and when it gets within range, about 5 feet, the system activates, much like turning the key to the "ON" position.

Then you can use the starter button to actually start the bike, whether you put it into neutral or pull the clutch, it doesn't matter.

They are pretty slick set ups. Not worth the price to me personally, but I'd sure like to have one on my bikes.

It's a neat trick but IMO it's just a really expensive doodad- is inserting and turning a key really that big of a deal? I'd always be paranoid that it would drop the signal when I was riding, killing the motor. Like if you ride under some power lines or something.

A lot of the new cars nowadays have this option on them. It's pretty cool. Although don't ever forget that fob....otherwise you're in deep doodoo.

I always wondered in these what would happen if your battery decided to die suddenly.

A lot of the new cars nowadays have this option on them. It's pretty cool. Although don't ever forget that fob....otherwise you're in deep doodoo.

I always wondered in these what would happen if your battery decided to die suddenly.
Most of those system, well what i've seen in the some cars have second battery witch is working like UPS.
Liilte lithium battery like in cellphones.

Latest posts

Back