Knee Guards????

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

headwork

Reaction score
Hello all. Just wondering if anybody knows where i can get a pair of knee guards for the max? I have seen them on a couple of bikes now and like the look of them. Not sure if somebody actually produces these or if they are owner fabricated.

I would also like to know if there are any downsides to these....as in a uncomfortable ride or anything of that sort.

Thanks for the help.

Josh

One of the vmoa venders used to donate these for Thunder.

Attachments

• 100_1359-250x187.jpg
    100_1359-250x187.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 30
  • bill warner.jpg
    bill warner.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 34
Don't know who markets them but your local sheet metal shop (or you) should be able to make a set from this diagram. This came from the Vmaxchat.co.uk.

Thanks guys....

Looks like I might just have to make a pair up. Gleno, I did see that diagram when i did a google search. I'm sure it will be helpfull.

Thanks again!

Josh

Just found out that a company in japan called active makes these.
You can't order them from the company, however there is a distributer in the states that will sell them. www.tawvehicle.com

They don't have info on them in the website but if you call they can get them for you.

Just another option for you.

Did you see the hood scoop on that site?

I would to see that on a bike!

Attachments

• scoop.jpg
    scoop.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 12
Looks like a chin rest to me.....

My god that thing would fit right in down here in South East Texas what with our rapidly shifting culture....

Rusty

Shawn...I think somebody has way to much time on there hands. It would be intresting to see on a bike though. Hopefully who ever has that thing on a bike has nice, smooth roads. One Wisconsin pothole and the rider wouldn't have any teeth left!

Just for a little update on the knee guards... I talked to my cousin (a machinist) and he wants to put a little time in with me to fab some. The best part is the access to a water jet, so I can cut any shape or design that I want. So I will be getting on that as soon as I get the bike back together. (Tranny upgrade/rebuild)

Fun Fun!

I'll post pics when I do it.

Did you see the hood scoop on that site?

I would to see that on a bike!

Found another contact for you in Bristol, UK. [FONT=Arial, Verdana]Try bike direct bristol they have a second hand pair 01179351133 for sale ask for Giles.[/FONT]

Shawn...I think somebody has way to much time on there hands. It would be intresting to see on a bike though. Hopefully who ever has that thing on a bike has nice, smooth roads. One Wisconsin pothole and the rider wouldn't have any teeth left!

Just for a little update on the knee guards... I talked to my cousin (a machinist) and he wants to put a little time in with me to fab some. The best part is the access to a water jet, so I can cut any shape or design that I want. So I will be getting on that as soon as I get the bike back together. (Tranny upgrade/rebuild)

Fun Fun!

I'll post pics when I do it.

Sounds to me like you two should start production on your own design and start selling them.I never knew that they are that hard to find.

Hello all. Just wondering if anybody knows where i can get a pair of knee guards for the max? I have seen them on a couple of bikes now and like the look of them. Not sure if somebody actually produces these or if they are owner fabricated.

I would also like to know if there are any downsides to these....as in a uncomfortable ride or anything of that sort.

Thanks for the help.

Josh

Knee Guards??? You want Knee Guards???

Look no further. This guy has Knee Guards.. http://turbovmax.org/plattor/kneeplates.html

Knee Guards??? You want Knee Guards???

Look no further. This guy has Knee Guards.. http://turbovmax.org/plattor/kneeplates.html

Cool!!

terrorcorps.jpg

That guy has some pretty cool shit. Might still try to fabricate some....not sure yet. I'm just getting mine back together, so i will be able to start prototyping some soon. fun fun.

Josh

Latest posts

Back