Kodak made a quality product-WW II pics

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
Check out these pics for their detail and color, just amazing that they have survived! The resolution is probably because they were shot w/large format film. Sad that Kodak has fallen on hard times. Ironically, they invented digital photography. The company's chief worth now is in its patents. They have beed selling-off pieces of the company faster than an addict consumes his stash.
http://pavel-kosenko.livejournal.com/303194.html

If you are a student of WW II, these will prove to be very interesting. On my way home from Daytona Bike Week, I stopped at my favorite used bookstore which because it's on the "Space Coast," has lots of military books. I got a couple volumes of the history of submarine warfare in WW II, very interesting. Another purchase was The Encyclopedia of Motor Sport, Viking Press (1971) which is like crack for me, as it has an exhaustive listing of the history of organized motor sports, manufacturers, teams, and drivers going back to the birth of the auto industry. Any book with a forward by Stirling Moss has to be worthwhile, for me.

One of my brothers worked full-time for Kodak in Rochester NY doing color processing while he was attending school at the University of Rochester. They were 'the experts" whenever sensitive photographs had to be processed or authenticated. I have heard that they processed/analyzed the Zapruder film and NASA stuff.

In our family archives we have pre-WW II kodachrome slides that still have good color, awhile ago my brother who worked @ Kodak had them digitized, pretty cool. They cover from the late 1930's to the 1960's as our family grew.

The secret to these is the Kodak sheet film which was used, I am pretty-sure that's what was used from the accompanying notes. Great depth-of-field, resolution, and color saturation.

Back