Lean carb question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tim, do you think it would be worth doing a 4K - redline in 4th gear plug chop, just to verify the main is correct? Maybe a 165DJ would be better, it's just a smidge bigger than the 152.5 main according to VMax Outlaw's chart.

I'll give that a shot and see what the plugs read. I lost my weather window. I did most of my test riding in 35 dregrees. Roads a wet now, and the temps are dropping. I forgot to mention that I went with stock springs without any coils tied back. It really is a good learning experience. I can change the needle positions now for all 4 carbs in around 15 minutes, with an allen wrench and a flat screw driver:punk:

Yeah, the weather window is nailed shut for the next few days but the braver weathermen are whispering of some decent moderation toward weeks end....altho it IS March in upstate NY so I'm not getting too excited about it!

Wonder if you could chop a minute or so off that needle mod with a 'T' handle allen wrench....:biglaugh:

Yeah, the weather window is nailed shut for the next few days but the braver weathermen are whispering of some decent moderation toward weeks end....altho it IS March in upstate NY so I'm not getting too excited about it!

Wonder if you could chop a minute or so off that needle mod with a 'T' handle allen wrench....:biglaugh:

I thought the exact same thing. Got to get to the hardware store. Or maybe I could use my new 1/2 inch drive electric impact wrench. Here, hold my beer. I have an idea:eusa_dance:

Latest posts

Back