Leelanau mi ride

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Todd thats up to you but i dont plan on running out of gas. And you need all the storage you can get. We all should be able to make it 115 miles and we will pass fuel along the way to the next fuel stop so we should be ok.

I suggest a stop at Standish for Gas also, I have done this plenty and then no sweat making it to Tawas.

Just a suggestion.

Nice job.

O

I should be able to make this ride, given I get my parts installed without a hitch this weekend. I put in for the time off, and I should be in Fenton on Wednesday(8/1) so I will be able to meet everyone at least at the first gas stop (Birch Run@ 9am Sat). I will be hitting the road @ Owen rd/ US-23 which should take about 30 minutes to get to Birch Run.
Given normal riding I am good to 120-125 miles to red light fuel warning, hooliganistic riding it will be somewhat less!

Hi brian. It looks like birch run is becoming a good meet spot.

Is someone bringing along their carb sync tool (Jeff? Damon?) I would like to check my dial guage sync system vs. a nicer one like the carbtune Jeff has.:clapping:

Is someone bringing along their carb sync tool (Jeff? Damon?) I would like to check my dial guage sync system vs. a nicer one like the carbtune Jeff has.:clapping:
Nevermind, I broke down and purchased a carbtune, I hope it gets here in time for the ride! I will probably tote it along if anyone will need a sync.

You'll be glad you purchased one Brian ! :eusa_dance: I'm still using mine on my Gen2 ! I've attached a quick 2 pg reference guide (one if you copy front & back) for syncing the carbs with the Carbtune unit. Keep it in the pouch for future reminders.

Attachments

• Carb sync procedure sept11.pdf
    407.3 KB · Views: 3
Cool! Thanks Jeff! I have always wanted to get one, but have been using a Holeshot unit my brother had purchased to sync his FZ1. It works ok but I had to replace the hoses again this spring as they were deteriorating.

Brian we will be staying over night near harbor springs saturday and heading to leelanau sunday morning. Will you be staying over night and going to leelanau with us.

Yes, I'll be in for the full trip. Is there a plan of where we'll stay on Sunday night?
I have some friends I would like stop by to see in Clare before I head home, but I can do that after we split up to head home on Monday.

After our conversation on the phone today Mike, I looked up exactly where Clare was in and it is right on US 127 and US 10, so that will work out for Sunday's EOR!

THIS TRIP IS CANCELD. Not enough rider's going for sure.

Too Bad.

Maybe we can all meet up at the St. Johns Mint festival, right in the center of the state and right of the Xpressway in August.?

Ouchez

There are plenty of miles with twisties, we can do little loops or REALY BIG LOOPS!!!! I know a few in the area, Ouchez let's plan something to impress our fellow riders

There are plenty of miles with twisties, we can do little loops or REALY BIG LOOPS!!!! I know a few in the area, Ouchez let's plan something to impress our fellow riders

Magna, Great roads for sure, but my riding will impress no one:rofl_200:,,that being said there seems to be plenty of VMAX owners in the Mid-Michigan area and the Mint Festival is having Biker activities, let us see what interest there is to make a nice fun, relaxed day of it...........:clapping:

O

Ouchez / Magna_dude74,

The St. Johns Mint festival / area ride sounds great .... but I'm down in northewrn Indiana for the weekend. :sad2: Have a great ride !

We drive by the St. Johns mint fields on our way to visit family in Indiana, and after they cut the crop.... WOW that mint fragrance is just amazing !!

1PM August 12th is the big bike tour and Blessing, and a bike show on August 11th, I think Saturday the 11th would be a better day to meet up..??

St Johns Mint Festival.

Ouchez

Latest posts

Back