let Sean plaaaaaay!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

88vmx12

Reaction score
Wanted to let everyone know..... If you want something special done to your bike, save your money and take or ship your bike to Sean and say "have at it":punk:

Gannon

Come on now, what did you have done? And, are there any pics?

No pics... of course not Sean has my bike.... it was kinda like hey what about this Sean..... Or heck lets do this too... The coolest thing is even if there were any pics of the electonic stuff that he is doing. You would never know what you are looking at because it looks stock! Right Sean! LOL Will be heading to Seans on the 13th -15th of Aug to go plaaaaaaay on the bike together ... It will be fun. Pics will come soon enough
Gannon

OK. going to let the cat out of the bag. Actually, let's make this a challenger. Pay close attention to the positioning of the switches/levers on the controls. One of the members *he knows who* please need not let the fun end too quickly.

I'll add another pic or two after we extended this out a bit.

Sean

Attachments

• Guage Cluster Added Bulb.jpg
    Guage Cluster Added Bulb.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 226
  • Guage Cluster Added Lens.jpg
    Guage Cluster Added Lens.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 246
  • Handlebar with Hidden Wires bottom.jpg
    Handlebar with Hidden Wires bottom.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 242
  • Handlebar with Hidden Wires Top.jpg
    Handlebar with Hidden Wires Top.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 231
  • Close Up switch Housing.jpg
    Close Up switch Housing.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 239
nicely done Sean.... are you sure you did anything? I am not sure I am getting what I am paying for... LOL... Just kidding. Looks wonderful as expected!

Thanks G

OK. going to let the cat out of the bag. Actually, let's make this a challenger. Pay close attention to the positioning of the switches/levers on the controls. One of the members *he knows who* please need not let the fun end too quickly.

I'll add another pic or two after we extended this out a bit.

Sean

I wonder from where right swich assy came from?

Any guesses as to what we are adding? I know there will be plenty of people wanting to do the same mod so I have taken a few pictures as we go.

Is there a particular reason the reserve switch is positioned in the middle?

I like the wiring through the bars too!

Not a shift light. The sharp eye on the reserve switch is on the right track.

Let's give another hint. The reserve switch is no longer for the reserve (original switch is relocated).

cruise control?

Dang that was quick. Winner!

Here's more pics and the wiring schematic needed plus a bit on how it works.

The Venture cruise brain normally has power to it and the vacuum pump at all times. The Ventures use a double pole switch set for the clutch and brake switches along with a cancel switch. I have eliminated the cancel switch from the circuit along with the indicators for the resume and coast. Since the Vmax only has a single pole switch I have tied into the switches using 2 normally closed relays (about the only non yamaha part not counting the upper cables). So, when you either hit the brakes or pull the clutch in it will cut off the cruise by cutting off the power to it. So, pretty much just like your car.

The beauty of this is it allows us to keep the vmax switch housings. I will have to relocate the reserve switch and add in a button to turn on the cruise as well as add the indicator to show when it's on (which is seen in the vmax gauge cluster pictured earlier). Have to order the custom cables which are the same as Vmax cables but with large ferrules on the junction box end (these are normally very tiny on the vmax junction). The lower cables appear that they will work as is.

We will have to locate the vacuum pump, vacuum actuator, control unit, and relays. I think some of this will fit above/below the stock TCI box and the pump and probably actuator may have to go into the airbox. The pump may fit over the front valve cover though and will be checked to see.

Since the reserve will be not as visible by looking at the switch position as easily as it was in the stock location, I am going to add another circuit to it. This will do a force on of the low fuel light when it's in the reserve position. So, when you run low on fuel it will work normally. Switch it over and go. BUT, if left in the reserve position the light will stay on regardless of the fuel level. This way you won't forget to turn it back to the normal position since the light will be kept on until it's switched back (and has enough fuel).

Sean

Attachments

• Venture Cruise Parts 1.jpg
    Venture Cruise Parts 1.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 96
  • Venture Cruise Parts 2.jpg
    Venture Cruise Parts 2.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 85
  • Venture Cruise Parts 3.jpg
    Venture Cruise Parts 3.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 88
  • Venture Cruise Wiring Modified for Vmax.jpg