Lighting up the night

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodsman30

Reaction score
I put some driving lights on they work great light up everything. Not a whole lot of options for mounting lights the way I wanted so I made my own bracket. I like night driving but not the deer and the vmax out drives its lights. If you ever thought about getting Dichroic lights "the style" I highly recomend them kits come with wires harness and switch. So tell me does the set up look good?

Attachments

• DSCI0033.JPG
    DSCI0033.JPG
    143.5 KB · Views: 129
Honestly no i dont like it,but im into a clean look , and if it works for you that is all that matters. JIM

Honestly no i dont like it,but im into a clean look , and if it works for you that is all that matters. JIM

Not for everybody I live in the country and back roads at night can be a death sentace if not care full.

I think, for me, it's not a look I would want all the time but they might work for a long trip. Being from a rural area with the tree line tight at the edge of the road in some places I don't ride at night if I can help it. Now in a larger metropolitan area I might get more use out of them. I'm sure there are smaller lights but as per normal they probably cost a lot more.:confused2:

Honestly I'm not a fan either, think it's the "clash" between the round headlight and square driving lights. But function always comes before form(if it doesn't you probably ride a HD), and if it helps you avoid one deer it's worth all the stink-eye looks in the world.

I had considered some driving lights for the Max, and couldn't find any kits that I liked, and they were all crazy expensive.

What you may want to consider is a 55/100W bulb. My roommate (who's into Jeep off-roading) told me about these. It's a stock brightness low beam, but a 100W instead of 60W high beam, and it's quite a bit brighter. Of course they're "for off road use only", but the low beam is regular brightness so I really don't see any harm. You can get something similar on ebay for $7 shipped.
http://www.roundeyes.com/Products-Auxiliary_Bulbs.html

I was thinking about getting one, my only question is if the stock headlight wiring would handle an extra 40w (or about 3 amps) for extended periods of time.

*edit* Looking at AWG tables, as long as the Max has 18 gauge or thicker the 100W bulb won't be a problem. I'm sure it has at least that from looking at the wiring to the connector, so should be good to go.

*edit again* For $3.50 apiece, can't go wrong. Ordered three, one for the Max and two for the truck. I'll post a review, and let you know if Mr. Max catches on fire from using it. I'll test it with the bucket apart and leave the hibeam on for a while and see if the wiring gets excessively warm.

Honestly I'm not a fan either, think it's the "clash" between the round headlight and square driving lights. But function always comes before form(if it doesn't you probably ride a HD), and if it helps you avoid one deer it's worth all the stink-eye looks in the world.

I had considered some driving lights for the Max, and couldn't find any kits that I liked, and they were all crazy expensive.

What you may want to consider is a 55/100W bulb. My roommate (who's into Jeep off-roading) told me about these. It's a stock brightness low beam, but a 100W instead of 60W high beam, and it's quite a bit brighter. Of course they're "for off road use only", but the low beam is regular brightness so I really don't see any harm. You can get something similar on ebay for $7 shipped.

I was thinking about getting one, my only question is if the stock headlight wiring would handle an extra 40w (or about 3 amps) for extended periods of time.

*edit* Looking at AWG tables, as long as the Max has 18 gauge or thicker the 100W bulb won't be a problem. I'm sure it has at least that from looking at the wiring to the connector, so should be good to go.

*edit again* For $3.50 apiece, can't go wrong. Ordered three, one for the Max and two for the truck. I'll post a review, and let you know if Mr. Max catches on fire from using it. I'll test it with the bucket apart and leave the hibeam on for a while and see if the wiring gets excessively warm.

SWEET!!!!!

I have been looking at those but did not know if stock wiring/switches/charging system would handle it.....

PLEASE keep me posted:clapping:

SWEET!!!!!

I have been looking at those but did not know if stock wiring/switches/charging system would handle it.....

PLEASE keep me posted:clapping:

just an FYI i've said it before, the sylvannia silverstar ultras (altho $28 a pop) get comments all the time how well they work.

U bet kaboom, I'll try to set some photos of the 60W projection to compare it to the 100W for brightness and "throw" distance. I'll post something this weekend.

I had considered the Silverstar bulbs, but the price really turned me off. $30/pop for a lightbulb? You got to be kidding me. For that price I'd expect the highbeam to be able to light things on fire, like this:
http://www.wickedlasers.com/lasers/The_Torch-74-41.html

How cool would that be?

haha very cool. eh they're expensive but work for me. $30 once a year isn't too bad.

haha very cool. eh they're expensive but work for me. $30 once a year isn't too bad.

No noticeable electrical problems??

Nice and bright??

It sure would not hurt my feelings to see the critters a little better at night:damn angry:

No noticeable electrical problems??

Nice and bright??

It sure would not hurt my feelings to see the critters a little better at night:damn angry:

nope, plugs right in

wicked bright. guys @ the brownie run last yr kept asking what i was running.

all stock wiring is kept.

the high beams are rediculous. next to georges stock ('06 suzuki boulevard) headlight when we were going out to new york it was crazy. lit up the signs and whatnot for a mile and could see better by leaps and bounds over his.

I put some driving lights on they work great light up everything. Not a whole lot of options for mounting lights the way I wanted so I made my own bracket. I like night driving but not the deer and the vmax out drives its lights. If you ever thought about getting Dichroic lights "the style" I highly recomend them kits come with wires harness and switch. So tell me does the set up look good?

Check out my album mine are the shit not that i ride at night much , They tucked under engine guards and they light up like the spotties on my car . :clapping:

once you go H.I.D. you will never go back to regular lights again. Go to . DDM Tuning hid kit for 35.00 lifetime garranty Had mine for almost 2 years and no problems.

Check this LINK out which shows some different driving/ fog lights.

I seen those I have Piaa lights and yes the are very bright goes way beyond my bike light. I see lots of methods to mount none that I liked it will look better thinking of the cyber max light.
I have lived at my place now for 10 years and have hit 7 deer and two turkeys with my trucks. I come home around 12:30 am from work and see anywhere from 5-20 deer a night ( I am only 10 miles from work). I lost a friend who hit a deer on his bike and I dont plan on going out like that. These light up both sides of the ditches and beyond plus have a futher range than my high beams. Riding back roads in western new york with out enough lighting at night is a death sentance. I will post more pics in my photo album so it can bee seen more there not that noticable.

Heard lots of bad things about the discount HID kits. There's the $100 and less kits, then the kits that cost like a grand. There's got to be some meaningful difference. One of my friends tried an HID conversion in his car and used some $20 ebay special kit. It worked for literally a few days, then just gave out when he was like 50 miles from home at night. Something like that is why I don't want HID on a bike...if something goes wrong, you have zero light. If one filament of your bulb goes, you still have the other beam.

Back