Local Vmax for sale

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zippo6

Reaction score
Stumbled upon a max at a local stealership yesterday. www.atlanticmotoplex.ca
Bike is not yet on there website, so I suspect it's a new addition.

1999 - 29xxxkms - with a tremendous amount of wear on the paint. It is a grey carbon fiber paint scheme, paint is wore completely through on the front fender, about 3" diameter circle of black fender showing through, rear fender is in the same condition. Faux tank is faded badly and the outline from the 2 warning stickers that 'were' on the fuax tank are very, very evident.... It appears to be bone stock.
Sticker price - $6999.00 (CAD of course)

I'll post a pic once/if they ever get it on there site.

Ridiculous price! There's an 02 at my local dealer with 8000km, Kerker header, very good shape, $6500.00. They're not known for being cheap either!

Dale #2592

wow thats high. a 99 with those high of miles could be worth that, but in great shape. doesn't sound like this is the case. the local victory place had an '03 vmax with 9k miles on it selling for $9k a little whiel back. good shape, but still. also some tool had put those fake bullet hole stickers all over the faux tank.

wondering how they think they will sell it for that price :ummm:, tons of them out there in wicked shape for that price or better.

wondering how they think they will sell it for that price :ummm:, tons of them out there in wicked shape for that price or better.

Not around here.... I spotted it out of the corner of my eye and had to do a double take so I went to look it over, sale guy pounced on me. Bike is, and I quote, "Rare and hard to find".... ya, that explains the price tag....
Thanks, bye... :biglaugh:

I agree that price is ridiculous but up here in Canada I won't say they are rare but they are hard to find so people almost can charge whatever they want for a decent one.
I live in a city of approx 200,000 people and I know of 3 vmaxes and have only seen one 2009. Not one of the local Yamaha dealers even brought in a 2009.

"Rare and hard to find"

The same as customers for that dealership with prices like that

Agreed, but in his defense, he thought I was a customer interested in buying the bike. :rofl_200:
Not for that price in that condition!

I don't see many Max's around here, but when I was buying mine I did some research, there was another '02 at a dealership in Fredericton, NB that wanted 8K for it, I don't recall the mileage but it was (based on pictures) in excellent shape!

I can get a near mint '06 at my dealership for that price. They are out of their minds!

I agree that price is ridiculous but up here in Canada I won't say they are rare but they are hard to find so people almost can charge whatever they want for a decent one.
I live in a city of approx 200,000 people and I know of 3 vmaxes and have only seen one 2009. Not one of the local Yamaha dealers even brought in a 2009.

there are still deals to be found. dont think 7g's for a 99 with 29000k's is worth it, gotta be one clean ride and still too much...

It's a result of supply and demand guys. The value of our Maxes are going to start going up because they don't make em anymore.
This is a good thing.

Back