Look for your liscense plate

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lankeeyankee

Reaction score
With todays gas prices rising its getting difficult for some to make ends meet. Its unfortunate that some lead to crime to compansate for the econmy.
The new thing I heard on the news is that criminals are stealing liscense plates and placing them on there car before going to the gas station to fill up and drive off. I know most of the service stations here are prepay or require a debt / credit card.
When was the last time you checked to see if your liscense plate was on your vehichle?

Just thought I would pass this along...

Wow... you'd think they would just siphon your gas than steal your plate and go to a gas station. I've also heard that gas tanks on cars are being destroyed by people using cordless drills to drill a hole in the tank to steal the gas! WTF!!

Wow... you'd think they would just siphon your gas than steal your plate and go to a gas station. I've also heard that gas tanks on cars are being destroyed by people using cordless drills to drill a hole in the tank to steal the gas! WTF!!

I hope those bastards find a nice hot spark!

Yes, but then you, the owner, would be sued for injuring the poor bastard.

I understand what your saying, but don't see how that would work in that case.

My wish would be to catch them in the act, they'd never THINK of doing it again when I was done.

Catalyist convertors are also being sawwed off with cordless drills
These convertors are bringing an avg of 150 bucks to thieves
A convertor can be sawwed off a car less than 5 mins with a Makita Saw Zaw

If I catch someone drilling a hole in my truck's tank a cloud of .45 hollowpoints will make them worry about gas prices no more .
There have been a lot of siphoners up here, I got in my girlfriends explorer after I filled it up and parked it outside the day before and mysteriously it was down to about a half tank:bang head: BUY A LOCKING GAS CAP

Back