looking for th thread that shows detailed stock exhaust mod

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EAGLEPI

Reaction score
As some of you know I just bought my 2007 VMAX, it has some really nice UFO exhaust on it but for a 53 year old a bit loud. I'm working on a trade with several people who have shown interest.

I plan to take it out for a short ride and se if it seems as loud as it did on the 622 mile ride back........lol

If I make the trade to get stock exhaust I do plan to do some mods to make it sound better. I think I saw a step by step on how to mod the stock exhaust. does anyone know where I can find that thread ??

I know getting rid of a 4 into 1 UFO for a stock exhause but then modifying it to sound better, sounds weird huh? I want a sound between the UFO and the stock, leaning toward the UFO more than stock as for sound.

I think with holes drilled and center baffle worked on will give me the sound I am looking for.

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=3648

Do a search, there are a couple threads. There is a video on here as well as youtube to give you an idea of the sound - he has the baffle out and end cap drilled.

I took the end caps off (and left them off) using 1/4in bit drilling out the rivets, then drilled 5 - 1/2in holes. I have not knocked/drilled out the baffle yet as I am scared it is going to get louder, which I dont want, but I may still do this. I cleaned the ends up and painted flat black, looks as good as stock if you ask me.

Sounds much better, it is quite a bit louder than the vespa sounding stock exhaust- but I feel safer in traffic as I know I am heard.

Hope that helps,

Good luck,

Jason

(guessing this is going to get moved to the exhaust section :biglaugh:)

I drilled out the rivets with a 3/16 drill, then drilled between the rivet holes with a 3/8 drill bit. Tapped the drilled out rivet holes with a 5mm tap and put the end caps back on using some 5mm stainless steel screws with 1/4-20 nuts as spacers to keep the end cap away from the pipe. It looks original and I did not drill the center baffle...the bike sounds excellent, and has not effected the performance. I would start with the end cap first, then if its not as loud as you wanted, you could drill the center baffle. Just my 2 cents

I have all-black stock exhaust. Removed the end-caps, drilled 1/2" holes & reinstalled end-caps with spacers. Looks stock, but has more rumble. I haven't center-punched it because that's not reversible. I have thought about a full system, but I need to hear one in person first - I don't want "cop-calling" loud. Mine's not in perfect condition, so a trade is out. I found a brand new Supertrapp all black on Craigslist, but the guy never answered his e-mail. I'm still looking, but acually the drilled stock is working for me right now. The sound-clips people post are very cool, but there's nothing like hearing it in person.

I have a 2005 stock exhaust that is in excellent condition and looks like new. It is already moded and sounds louder than stock. It is the complete system with both headers, both rear pipes and exhaust mufflers. Also has the rear covers for the pipes. If interested in a trade and would like some pictures let me know. You can reach me at [email protected]

I've decided to keep my exhaust, Just bought a jet kit from Sean so I will be loving it I'm sure.. Thanks though !

I have a 2005 stock exhaust system complete in excellent condition with no dents or damage and hardly any marks. It is already moded and has holes drilled in the endcaps. Can send pics if still interested in a possible trade. Both headers, 2 rear pipes & side caps and mufflers. Would like to see a pic too if you have one. Thanks, Vince

Back