Lost all drive again!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CustomMax

Reaction score
I lost all drive once before and it was the universal joint shaft at the front of the driveshaft where it connects to the tranny,( stripped smooth) this time I juiced it a little and it felt like the clutch was slipping so I pulled over and put in neutral and started out again and it was grabbing again then I just wanted to see If it would slip again and sure enough I lost all drive completely.Last time it was making a noise where the front of the driveshaft connects to the universal joint, this time no noise there at all but in higher gears it sounds like there's a kinda rumble on the right side towards the front of the bike,( opposite side than the shaft) could it be the clutch this time or do you think the tranny? I also am running a mad max 250 swing arm setup. Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks, Ed

I thought that too Sean but don't you think it would be making a noise from that area and why would it slip then start pulling again and there also the noise from the other side front area in 3rd 4th and 5th gears? Any chance it could be the clutch?

I didn't catch that it would work and then not work. It could be the clutch and it could be the drive itself. I've only had one rear diff shred on me before. I don't suspect the clutch but it's at least easy to take the cover off and the cltuch apart for inspection. There is a "window" after that stuff is out of the way to see into the engine trans area too.

By the way, is this Ed V?

Sean

what happens when you spin the rear wheel? hear banging? clanging?

Yea Sean it's Ed DeMino you gave me help not long ago you sent me a bolt for my front caliper. I built the 250 orange Vmax and you said you knew someone who also built one similar. And no Garret I haven't had the back wheel off the ground yet (had to remove center stand for my headers. But I don't hear noise this time from the shaft or diff. Ed

Well I thought I'd check the clutch and when I did all seems fine then I put it back together at first the clutch felt like it was hitting a brick wall halfway in so I added a little fluid which was a bit low and now there's nothing when I pull in the lever and I mean nothing so I tried pumping it to see if there was maybe air in the line or something but still nothing. Now not only do I apparently have a shaft or universal problem but now my clutch is screwed too. Any ideas? Thanks, Ed:confused2:

Last edited:
Back