lower fork shimmy

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i get a shimmy or wobble when breaking which gets worse if i dont have good grip ion the handlebars. Tripple tree bearing loose or badly out of bal. Cause this?

i also have a shimmy problem when slowing down which is more like a speed wobble. The bike only has 20,000 miles on it . Its downright scarry! Any sugestions

i also have a shimmy problem when slowing down which is more like a speed wobble. The bike only has 20,000 miles on it . Its downright scarry! Any sugestions

Start with a head bearing/race inspection, then adjustment. Only20k, but the years matter too. At 25k my races were grooved and bearings rusty. Also do a tire inspection. Both tires.
Steve-o

A couple of weeks ago I was cruising behind a glitter queen(exhaust belching fuel) that was hogging up the high speed lane and not letting anyone by. They like doing that around here. That's such a piss off for me and I like to put distance between me and riders like that. Last I peeked at the speedo. I was passing on his right at 115mph and climbing. I got into a weave as soon as I passed him. That scared the crap out of me. The Queen must have laughed his ass off at me and got a good story to tell his friends-I saw this crotch rocket today and... I got out of it with multiple throttle blips and no braking. My bike was loaded a little top heavy. Bags, and the windshield, which I think caused the weaving. The bike unloaded was fine just before that ride. I'll check everything anyway.

Back