Lowered footpegs source?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elimax

Reaction score
Hey all:

Any of you know a company that sells a quality footpeg lowering kit for the Max?

I'm not too tall (5' 11") but MAN, I feel cramped on that bike! I have drag bars on order, rear-end height raised to the max, but I still feel cramped.

Thanks!

Elimax

The reason you don't see any lowering kits for the pegs is because the already rub the ground when you are cornering. It would be down right dangerous if you lowered them anymore. They do have forward controls you can get but they are pricey and to me take away the hot rod feel and look.

Sean

I used to feel a bit cramped with the stock setup of the Vmax too. I alleviated that issue for me by installing dragbars and having the seat lowered 1.5-2". I'm in agreement with Sean that you want to try other cures rather than reducing the cornering limits of your Vmax.

Okay...thanks for the replies!

So, I don't think lowering the seat would help...wouldn't that make me even more cramped-feeling?

I was thinking about raising where I sit instead...such as an AirMax seat pad? Do you folks know of an AirMax size that would fit the Max?

Thanks again.

Elimax

I would wait to see how the drag bars feels, as I really think that is what did it for me.
I'm 6' and weigh in at about 270. On the stock setup my legs felt like they wanted to be lower/ stretched out more but when I added the drag bars my legs felt much better, more relaxed. I have to admit that I changed the bars (seat height too), during my down time in the winter so it was not a back to back comparison.:confused2:

Have to use rearsets to lower and set pegs back. I made up my own position adjustable sets from modding other bike sets (had to make one-off mounting brackets though) ..expensive way to do it but its optimal comfort for me.

I went with rear sets also, no complaints here, for me much better than stock location..

Hey folks:

Timax and Davidon mentioned "rear sets"...can you let me know where I could buy these from? I'm definitely interested.

Thanks.

Elimax

Back