Lowest Milage on a Gen I

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgosset1

Reaction score
Trying to get a comparison....my 2001 has 1,888 miles on it....anyone else dealing with low milage Gen I Vmax's....about to get the carb issue straighened out on it..I got top dollar in this bike..5,700.....low miles make it worth that much to me..These bikes bring top dollar here in Texas....and I wanted it bad...but am a little worried about what else is going to go wrong with it...Father Time is not kind...

Like how low is low? The max is not known to be a fuel-sipper.

With a conservative right hand, you should see upper 30's. Romp on it a lot, use v-boost frequently, and don't be surprised if you only see low 30's or even into the 20's.

With a Venture diff, I can get 38-40mpg cruising at 75mph. Typically the fuel light comes on between 110-120 miles.
I also smoked the entire reserve in 20 miles once, so what's that, like 22mpg? Yes, it was at WOT pretty much the entire time, and yes, I know it was the entire reserve because I ran out of gas at 140mph.

I got about 65 miles on my first tank of gas..lol...before it went to reserve....was ripping it hard thou clearing the carbs...

I think he is referring to Miles on the ODO not the MPG but mine gets about 32-35 on the highway if Im not running it hard

Yea I was talking about low milage finds...but am interested in milage also....Its a treat to find a bike or old car thats been sitting with hardly any miles on it....I have been lucky in the past finding these low milage bikes and cars...My wife bought a Maserati 2 seater back in 1989; it still sits in the garage with 46k miles on it...would i trust it on a long trip; NO....
Bad thing about these finds like low milage bikes is that there are problems from sitting up too long...Was actually wondering what else to expect from this 01...Bike is still running on the original factory tires, but they are still soft with no cracks....bearings, hoses, pads...

Picked up my 97 in Aug 2010 with 7600mi................Has 15,500 on it now...............I knock off 40 mpg regularly.....................Tom

It was probably worth more money parted out...lol...I had a mechanic at the Kawasaki house yesterday who told me to take it easy on it for a while....he said what a lot of people don't realize is that the main drive, trans and shaft on these max's are the exact same as the Venture's which are cruisers and not designed for drag strips....said they were not designed for the hard shifts or speed shifting....think he meant shifting with full throttle....not sure...they are classified as custom cruisers i know...

????? Run It.... By no means is the VMax weak....... It's a Monster to ride to it's limit... Few People can...

It was probably worth more money parted out...lol...I had a mechanic at the Kawasaki house yesterday who told me to take it easy on it for a while....he said what a lot of people don't realize is that the main drive, trans and shaft on these max's are the exact same as the Venture's which are cruisers and not designed for drag strips....said they were not designed for the hard shifts or speed shifting....think he meant shifting with full throttle....not sure...they are classified as custom cruisers i know...
Why do I find this funny guys? A Kaw mechanic telling us to take it easy launching the Vmax :rofl_200: Hell, that's about all this thing is good for is hard fast launches:punk:

Just saying what he said; I did not really take it to heart; been ripping the hell out of it since i got it....lol...it sure a hell don't corner....I think he is right about the trans and drive shaft being the same as the Venture...Man I go to all the dealers and they all appreciate the Vmax...They all got their own opinion....You dragstrip any of them enough and problems will pop up with drive shaft driven bikes; why do you think they chain drive the vmax's for dragstrip racing...most every max i have seen around here for the drag strip is chained...

Just saying what he said; I did not really take it to heart; been ripping the hell out of it since i got it....lol...it sure a hell don't corner....I think he is right about the trans and drive shaft being the same as the Venture...Man I go to all the dealers and they all appreciate the Vmax...They all got their own opinion....You dragstrip any of them enough and problems will pop up....
I hear ya, I have been at the Vmax game a while now and I launch pretty hard most of the time on the streets. I do ride with other Vmaxers a lot, and some of them launch a lot harder then I do on a regular basis lol, I won't mention names Wildman. Earlier models had the 2nd gear issue that would be brought on be fast hard shifts. People would be surprised what mr. Max is capable of on the low end.

I stay away from low miles Maxes. It hasn't been ridden and bad stuff pops up when they sit.

This thread is like having Salma Hyeck for a girlfriend and not living up to your 'responsibility' as-such! Ya gotta exercise the ride, as Mr. Milne said.
:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:Ride it like you would her... HARD AND OFTEN
Like its stolen!:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Bring it to Michigan When the weather gets warm and me the westside boy's and who ever else wants to ride our vmax proving ground highway to HELL Michigan will help you put your bike to the test. I know i can get slobman rob to take your bike for a ride down deertrail and let you know what he think's of your bike. Hell if you want i would even take it for a couple of high speed passes with Wildman and 2fear on route 66. And im sure the Beekeeper would take it for a ride and show you how to do a rolling burnout from hell. When we get to HELL you can have leecifer himself take your bike for a test ride. And if your bike's not running well enough we even have a honda girl bike that you can hang with. (If its running). HAHA.....LOL. You are all welcome on the ride to HELL next year.

Sounds like a plan to me...hell of a long way from Dallas...lol....At my age I might ride the girly honda bike....let you blow the soot out of the max....lol...

I hear ya, I have been at the Vmax game a while now and I launch pretty hard most of the time on the streets. I do ride with other Vmaxers a lot, and some of them launch a lot harder then I do on a regular basis lol, I won't mention names Wildman. Earlier models had the 2nd gear issue that would be brought on be fast hard shifts. People would be surprised what mr. Max is capable of on the low end.
not me :rofl_200:

Back