Mario's Kerker replacement can

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heretic

Reaction score
I had posted on the VMOA Tech board, how I was looking to replace the can on my Kerker 4-2-1 and Mario Aguier stated that he had a new, very reasonable priced carbon fiber can that he could have made and sent to me. Anyone have any first hand experience (heard, saw or owned) on the quality and or sound of this canister?

Thanks!

I'm sort of interested too, but how is the can supported on the bike. With the Kerker it looks clean as there is an attachment point on the back of the can. How does the carbon can attach? Is it with a strap to the shock mounting point?

According to Mario it attaches to the bike with only the clamp. He said I could drill a hole in the can to use the tiny screw that the Kerker has, but would not be needed. The can is supposed to be as light as the Kerker one (and the Kerker weighs almost nothing). He sent me some pics and they look substantially identical to the Kerker carbon cans (found here; http://www.supertrapp.com/product_sections/cat.asp?CatID=37 ).

we've got a few of the round Kerker carbon fiber cans on some of our vmaxes at the shop and like to cut them down shorter which makes them have a very nice rumble. I have one of marios friends oval Kerker and it is nice too though we have cut it down quite a bit.

Sean Morley

Sean, do you have any extra of the same type Kevin has? Howard, remember the root beer bike at Topeka? That can would look cool on yours.

I actually have a picture of that bike on the exhaust side. I really liked the copper color of it. The can is short, I would almost say too short, but the angle (upper back, right) of the shot may be messing with me, and the mounting appears to be custom. The tail pipe is barely past the axle, and looks like some work was done to shorten the intermediate pipe.

Last edited:
I received the can today and the quality is top notch and it looks great! When I first started it up I was a little worried because it is about as loud as the Kerker is/was, but had a deeper growl. Once on the road though, my wish did come true. The Kerker went from nice growl at idle to screaming, obscene, 'world is going to end' noise when in the upper RPM range. This can gets louder, but it is nicely controlled and doesn't 'scream'. My old Sony Maviga camera went from working intermittingly to not working at all so I cannot post any pics, but it looks damn good.

Back