massive amounts of oil from breather tube

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rs92s1880

Reaction score
So... here the situation. I blew my clutch(no exaggeration, it exploded two plates) yesterday. when it let go, i overrevved the bike and it puked about a half quart from the breather. replaced the clutch, filled it up, took it out and broke the cluthc in. alls well until i layed into it and brought it to about 117mph, shifting around 9300 each time. came to a stoplight and found myself surrounded by a ploom of smoke. lost about another quart.

when the clutch blew it sent friction material through the motor. it runs like it always has and at idle it doesnt have much pressure at the breather at all. is it possible that some clutch poo is blocking an oil passage and causing excess pressure?

PCV hose might be clogged up but which breather are you referring to that is having the oil come out of it?
Sean

I'm an idiot. Too much oil was the culprit. It was coming from Tube tube under The airbox.

On another note, anyone know what diode spec to use for double feeding coil signal to an automotive tach?

Not sure. You might be able to look up the do it yourself T-Boost since it does a similar function.

Sean

I hope no small parts of clutch scuffed up or damaged rotors in oil pump??????????????? I know alot can pass by the screen so keep it in mind.Maybe if you got the oil filter you where running during this you might want to cut it open and see what went thru the pump.

Latest posts

Back