Max bars + Pro-Grips

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Calimus

Reaction score
So I bought a set of Max Bars and Pro-grips from Python Motorsports last week and they arrived on Tuesday.

Forward to Thursday when my lazy ass finally put them on. My impression of the bars is ok. Theybasicly have the exact same shape as the stock bar, just an inch wider at each end. It's taking some getting used to, but I think I should like it.

The pro-grips on the other hand....blow big time. They arn't really big enough for the bars. You won't need any glue to hold them on as once they are on, you will have to cut them off. On the throttle side I couldn't even use the little plastic grip guard. With that on, the grip would not go onto the throttle slide at all.

So I haven't contacted Python yet, but I'm curious why they might sell those grips with those bars knowing that they don't fit?

Either way, first day riding with the setup and it feels a bit alien, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. It does seem a bit more solid going down the highway and cornering is starting to feel better, might have to play more on the way home from work.

I actually had to use some WD-40 on the throttle side to get the grip on. Once on though, there was no getting it off, short of using a knife.

So, they will do for now untill I can get some decent grips. However, I did have the hairspray on hand and at the ready.

Calimus said:
I actually had to use some WD-40 on the throttle side to get the grip on. Once on though, there was no getting it off, short of using a knife.

So, they will do for now untill I can get some decent grips. However, I did have the hairspray on hand and at the ready.

After using several grips I can honestly say the stock grips are just right.
________
iphone games

Last edited:
I have no idea if mine had the stock grips or not. They were just foam grips.

However, I have large hands so I'm looking for a fairly large set of grips.

I've seen a set made by Kuryakyn that look like they might work. Anyone have thesethat can say if they are a larger grip or at least more comfortable?

Calimus, I have them. They are bigger and much more comfortable.

I have the Kuryakyn ISO Grips. I think that they are pretty good. They are, IMO, better than the stock grips.

They have a bigger diameter than stock, and go on fairly easily.

Good Luck!

Calimus said:
I have no idea if mine had the stock grips or not. They were just foam grips.

However, I have large hands so I'm looking for a fairly large set of grips.

I've seen a set made by Kuryakyn that look like they might work. Anyone have thesethat can say if they are a larger grip or at least more comfortable?
I also needed a larger diameter grip and went with the Pro Grips that fit a 1" bar. I pulled them over the stock grips and they feel great for my hands.

Well, my old man got some of the Kuryakyn ISO Grips for his VTX and I took a spin with those the other day. Damn those are nice.

So I'm pretty sure I'm going to go wit those. The pro-grips I have are just too damn small and now that I've tested the Kuryakyn's, I think I've found a nice fit.

Back