Met another Maxer today!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Beekeeper

Reaction score
Finally met up with DaMax from GR this afternoon, went for a nice 60 mi ride, ran into some rain but nothing too bad, he's one of our younger Max riders at 24 but handles it well and isn't afraid to tap the V-Boost!........it was a pleasure meeting and getting to know him a little, looking foreward to some serious riding soon!.............:punk:...............Tom.

Tom, way to rep for the site, you are getting in lots of riding this season. I am about to fill my third tank since solving my dyno dilemma. I haven't had much of a chance to ride, & I have plenty of things between the job & family duties, including repairs & home improvements, but I try to squeeze in a bit where I can.

I was on US-1 south of Ft. Lauderdale today & caught up to two men & a woman all on cruisers, @ a light. I was to their right & slightly ahead of them. Two men on metric big inch cruisers w/unbaffled pipes & the female on a Sportster. When the light turned, they left quickly. The guy wearing the smallest beanie 'novelty' helmet had those twin pipes that have a big-radius downward arc. He turned-up the throttle & gave me a big flatulent, loud dose of v-twin noise, as he passed the guy who left in front of him, and as he passed me. I let all three of them get about 200 ft down the road ahead. The Sportster gal was bringing-up the rear. I was in the lane to their right, and traffic had cleared to allow me an empty lane in-front of me. What would you do? Why, I allowed the VBoost to "do the talking" & shot-by the three like they were on the rebound of a bungee cord stretching from the intersection they just left. I rolled-off the throttle after I held it in "The VBoost (TM) Mode," and by that time I was about a half-block ahead of them.

Suddenly in my rear-view mirror, I saw a cloud of dust and a flash of tumbling chrome, leather tassels, and black paint. I continued on my way, and pulled-into an ice-cream shop for something to cool-down. Awhile later, two of the same riders showed-up, and one guy was packed "bitch" on the other metric cruiser. They slowly negotiated the curb/driveway turn-in and parked in a row, backing into a couple of spots with much throttle tweaking and unnecessary noise.

They dismounted and made their way to the window to order. After they got their dishes or cones, they came-over to sit-down next to my table. My bike was pretty-close, and since I had my helmet on the table, it was pretty-easy to determine to-whom the bike belonged. They and I were the only bikers here.

The guy who had been riding "bitch" had a leather vest, and I couldn't help but notice he was showing some fresh road rash, he looked the worse for wear. I caught him eyeing my bike and then me, and he kept going back and forth, first the bike, then me, and back.

Finally, he asked, "dude, what kind of bike is that?"

I said, "it's a twenty-year-old Yamaha VMax, 1200 cc, DOHC, triple disc brakes and 145 HP at the crank. They stopped making them about five years ago after a twenty-two year production run, and they probably made fewer changes during that time than that gal's Sportster saw from 1957 to 1979."

He slowly nodded, and looked at the bike once-again, and then back at me. I couldn't t help but notice the fresh abrasions were oozing blood and plasma, and were starting to clot.

His companions had also been checking-out my bike. If they were looking for a trailer queen they should ignore my bike, it's closer to the rat-class. Well not really, but it is not a spotless representation of the breed!

I eyed the fresh trauma, and said, "say, I hope you don't mind, but what happened to you? You really should be taking-care of those scrapes instead of sitting here eating ice cream."

The chick on the Sportster blurted-out, "we were all riding today and Spike there had an accident back-down the road."

"Did someone cut you off?" I asked.

"Nah," he said, "some guy on a bike like yours went-by me so fast, I thought my bike had stopped, so I got-off to see what had happened."

True story. :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::clapping::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

I was on US-1 south of Ft. Lauderdale today & caught up to two men & a woman all on cruisers, @ a light. I was to their right & slightly ahead of them. Two men on metric big inch cruisers w/unbaffled pipes & the female on a Sportster. When the light turned, they left quickly. The guy wearing the smallest beanie 'novelty' helmet had those twin pipes that have a big-radius downward arc. He turned-up the throttle & gave me a big flatulent, loud dose of v-twin noise, as he passed the guy who left in front of him, and as he passed me. I let all three of them get about 200 ft down the road ahead. The Sportster gal was bringing-up the rear. I was in the lane to their right, and traffic had cleared to allow me an empty lane in-front of me. What would you do? Why, I allowed the VBoost to "do the talking" & shot-by the three like they were on the rebound of a bungee cord stretching from the intersection they just left. I rolled-off the throttle after I held it in "The VBoost (TM) Mode," and by that time I was about a half-block ahead of them.

Suddenly in my rear-view mirror, I saw a cloud of dust and a flash of tumbling chrome, leather tassels, and black paint. I continued on my way, and pulled-into an ice-cream shop for something to cool-down. Awhile later, two of the same riders showed-up, and one guy was packed "bitch" on the other metric cruiser. They slowly negotiated the curb/driveway turn-in and parked in a row, backing into a couple of spots with much throttle tweaking and unnecessary noise.

They dismounted and made their way to the window to order. After they got their dishes or cones, they came-over to sit-down next to my table. My bike was pretty-close, and since I had my helmet on the table, it was pretty-easy to determine to-whom the bike belonged. They and I were the only bikers here.

The guy who had been riding "bitch" had a leather vest, and I couldn't help but notice he was showing some fresh road rash, he looked the worse for wear. I caught him eyeing my bike and then me, and he kept going back and forth, first the bike, then me, and back.

Finally, he asked, "dude, what kind of bike is that?"

I said, "it's a twenty-year-old Yamaha VMax, 1200 cc, DOHC, triple disc brakes and 145 HP at the crank. They stopped making them about five years ago after a twenty-two year production run, and they probably made fewer changes during that time than that gal's Sportster saw from 1957 to 1979."

He slowly nodded, and looked at the bike once-again, and then back at me. I couldn't t help but notice the fresh abrasions were oozing blood and plasma, and were starting to clot.

His companions had also been checking-out my bike. If they were looking for a trailer queen they should ignore my bike, it's closer to the rat-class. Well not really, but it is not a spotless representation of the breed!

I eyed the fresh trauma, and said, "say, I hope you don't mind, but what happened to you? You really should be taking-care of those scrapes instead of sitting here eating ice cream."

The chick on the Sportster blurted-out, "we were all riding today and Spike there had an accident back-down the road."

"Did someone cut you off?" I asked.

"Nah," he said, "some guy on a bike like yours went-by me so fast, I thought my bike had stopped, so I got-off to see what had happened."

True story. :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::clapping::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Oh that's hilarious. Just the quote from the other biker.... oh soo funny. Mind if I repost it elsewhere (not on this forum)

On another note, I also met up with a fellow maxer (maybe not from this forum YET) and chased him down so we could form our own little vmax bike club here in Billings, MT. (no I'm not the scammer noted elsewhere on this forum) He has a 2011 Vmax and mine is a 99. He came over and we chatted for a few minutes before a storm rolled in and he had to run. Nice looking bike and it's teh first Gen2 I've seen in person. I have to say the pictures don't do the Gen2 justice. She's a nice looking bike. Although me personally, I'll stick with the Gen1

Sure you have my permission, thank-you for asking.

It is always good to see another VMax rider. The Gen II's are spectacular.

For the price, I like my bike just fine! Lots of fun to ride, and a constant source of surprise to other riders. I always enjoy telling them it's twenty years old.

Now that is some funny shit! I've been to grand rapids and FL too. I'm going to have to watch out for stuff like that. lol

Nice job FM, you know I would have done the same, you not only blew his skirt off..........You sucked him off the bike as well!..............:punk:..............Tom.

Nice job FM, you know I would have done the same, you not only blew his skirt off..........You sucked him off the bike as well!..............:punk:..............Tom.

Tom knows I used to live between Wyoming/Grand Rapids & Kalamazoo/Battle Creek. I loved riding in that area, lots of curves, lots of ups & downs, if you know where to go.

Some day I think my wife & I are going to be snowbirds. I would like to spend summers in MI. I still have plenty of friends there. Plenty of Dec.-Mar. bike riding weather in FL, one of the reasons I am still here. The job & family, too, of course.

Awesome story. I too enjoy bringing up 20 years old....especially after a light arse whooping off a light for a few hundred feet :biglaugh:

I was once a 24 year riding a Vmax, bring him on a ride with all of us Tom so he can see how the younger guys ride a Vmax :biglaugh: Just kidding... We need to keep him away from Bill so he don't pick up Bill's ''smoking'' habit

I'm sure we will be seeing him on some of our rides, he's excited about meeting and riding with more Maxers, sounds like he has spent most of his time with the sport bike and harley group...........As for the smoking habit..........I rolled off a couple and he asked how we do that.............Time will tell..................Tom.

Hello Fellow Vmaxers,

I am looking forward to riding with all of you guys this summer here in Michigan. I've pretty much got the hang of things with taming the BEAST, but I have noticed that I have been smoking more and more black n mild's since I bought her because my cheeks seem to pucker every time the v-boost kicks in, especially in first. I'll tell you what though, Tom really knows how to ride a V-Max. I had a blast riding with him, especially when he did that rolling burnout. I've never herd/saw anything like that till that day..........one word, AWESOME!!
I'll keep on the lookout on the forum for future meet n greets. This summer is pretty laid back since I am only taking three classes (only got 13 more classes, including this semester til I graduate) so I should be able to ride with you guys, unless of course the future wife has something planned or some family thing. I will be a little busier in August though with a new internship planned. Have a good one guys.

Jeremy

Hello Fellow Vmaxers,

I am looking forward to riding with all of you guys this summer here in Michigan. I've pretty much got the hang of things with taming the BEAST, but I have noticed that I have been smoking more and more black n mild's since I bought her because my cheeks seem to pucker every time the v-boost kicks in, especially in first. I'll tell you what though, Tom really knows how to ride a V-Max. I had a blast riding with him, especially when he did that rolling burnout. I've never herd/saw anything like that till that day..........one word, AWESOME!!
I'll keep on the lookout on the forum for future meet n greets. This summer is pretty laid back since I am only taking three classes (only got 13 more classes, including this semester til I graduate) so I should be able to ride with you guys, unless of course the future wife has something planned or some family thing. I will be a little busier in August though with a new internship planned. Have a good one guys.

Jeremy
I think your going to enjoy riding with us on the west side! Just wait until you see Wildman98 work his 2nd gear tire grilling magic :biglaugh: Looking forward to doing some riding with ya.

I think your going to enjoy riding with us on the west side! Just wait until you see Wildman98 work his 2nd gear tire grilling magic :biglaugh: Looking forward to doing some riding with ya.

Just wait for it..... :punk::clapping::eusa_dance::biglaugh:

Wildman is the master!.................I am yet a student.........:worthy:................Tom.

Back