Michelin Pilot Road 2's

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmosel

Reaction score
So, I just ordered a new set of tires for my Max. Got over 10,000 on this set of Michelin Pilot Road 2's, they were 110/80/18 front and 170/60/17 rear. Granted I don't do extended burnouts, so my rear tire wears really evenly with the front. And there is still quite a bit of tread left, but the tires are starting to cup slightly and that makes riding a bit of a chore on longer rides with it wanting to wander a bit.

I'm replacing them with the Michelin Pilot Road 3's, 120/70/ZR18 front and 170/60/ZR17 rear. I'll let everyone know how these do after I have them worn out.

I do a lot of riding in the mountains here in California and love the sweeping and tight twisty roads in the Sacramento area. And the PR2's did a great job on this bike.

I just wanted to give some feedback on some different style radials than I've seen mentioned here on the forum.

I love the road pilots 3s. Very good in the wet.

Dale #2592

Michelin's are top notch.. I love my power race 190.. Real soft, no burn outs just traction..

Do the pilots fit on stock rims?

Running Michelins on both bikes . Pilot Powers and 2 CT . Both have worn well and holding up surprisingly well thus far. Will report back on mileage when changing out.

What mileage did you get out of the Road 2s ?

I got over 10,000 miles on my Pilot Road 2's.

As an update, I took the Pilot Road 3 size 120/70/18 (front tire)to three different shops and none of them could get it to mount on the stock front rim. I contacted the company I bought the tire from and asked if I could return it and they said no problem. So I went with the 110/80/18 Pilot Road 3.

I wish they made Pilot 3's in 18" for the rear. They would look sweet on my Carrozzeria's.

It would appear you have a new option :

Cycle World Sept. issue has an ad for Continental's new ContiSportAttack 2 available for 18 - inch wheels . ( OEM fitment on the '12 BMW S1000RR ) They look BAD ! :clapping::clapping:

a 120 will mount on a stock front rim, but it handles like crap. you need a 3.5" for it as you found out. i'm trying a 130 next on my cazz front rim.

Back