Moose

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucky hunter, he played that perfect. There have been a few deaths up here when ppl get too close to mama and her calf.

A while back at the University of Alaska, Anchorage campus a 70-year-old left one of the buildings and accidently walked in between a cow and her calf, she stomped him to death.

I'ts not that uncommon to have moose cruise in to your yard anf munch your trees or garden, the other night I had a calf jump the fence in my back yard and munch some of the trees.

Some other parts up here you have a little more agressive issues. This was taken about 20 min's outside of Anchorage in Eagle River.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weksk7Jchao

I would have shit my pants!!! It looks calm enough, but you wouldn't have much of a chance if she wanted to take you out.

I would have shit my pants!!! It looks calm enough, but you wouldn't have much of a chance if she wanted to take you out.

I can't help wondering how that would have turned out if the calf had decided to wander around the other side of that guy. It might have gotten real ugly, "mama" was already a bit agitated, prolly wouldn't take much to set her off.

I have been backpacking on Isle Royale and a couple of times I was within 50' and another about 25' from full grown moose. I've been to Isle Royale backpacking for 8 days and a couple times for around 12 days, each time during the fall rut.
Once I had 2 bulls chasing each other, and scaring the living tar outta me, come crashing through the woods right at me then circle around for a min or 2 then lay down! I know they didn't see me but I could hear them breathing! They must have scented me as they kept looking in my direction. I slowly slipped away down the trail keeping my eyes on them the whole time. A bull moose looks like a large Clydesdale with antlers, and they can boogie through the woods, 6-9 foot trees are just a minor annoyance to them it seems.
Here is a different link to another trip (I wasn't on this trip) that shows a little more of what a backpacking trip on Isle Royal is like.
Ok last one, this trip was my favorite backpacking trip I did on Isle Royale in 1999. Mike also put a day by day trip report that is linked here. Ok that's all! I promise!

Attachments

• moose.gif
    moose.gif
    16.9 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Hey, they aren't all bad.....this one's got a good job!:biglaugh:

It's not real, its a photoshop thats been around for a while. look at the wood, its a mirror image of each other, the guys hand is holding a strap to nowhere and you can see other pastings on the harness and around the antlers.

Great job to who ever done this.

Here is a story about a moose that was around the wrong power line at the wrong time. I like the part where the "Famous" Dr. Bob Bradley called it a fake. He ate crow on that one. It dosn't get any more real.

http://www.joe-ks.com/archives_oct2004/Wired_Moose.htm

It's not real, its a photoshop thats been around for a while. look at the wood, its a mirror image of each other, the guys hand is holding a strap to nowhere and you can see other pastings on the harness and around the antlers.

Here is a story about a moose that was around the wrong power line at the wrong time. I like the part where the "Famous" Dr. Bob Bradley called it a fake. He ate crow on that one. It dosn't get any more real.

damn kj you put some great stuff on here.

Hah!!! Now that I study it, it DOES look photoshop'd.

Good eye KJ!! :thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

Back