Motor seems siezed, anyone seen this before?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The HD oilers replace a steel gear with a plastic one with no known issues so I'd go with Sean on this one. Should not happen if basket was seated properly.

I'd be REAL surprised if an improperly seated basket did not show signs of improper clutch operation immediately, even before the oil pump issue completely failed.
That kind of puzzles me

A big thank you to Sean for trying to get me going with donor motor. I could have frankenstien'd the 2 motors a could have had a running motor PDQ.
BUT, being I am hard headed and cheap I've decided to source the parts and take my time with the motor resurrection.

I believe I have found a crank w rods out of a bike with 35k miles. Also, located both up and lower engine cases.

What should I be looking for to make sure I am buying good used parts. For example; has there been any changes in these parts from 85-05? Do the cases have inherent weak spots to look for cracks or wear?
any input would be greatly appreciated.

Sean: Good to know that gear is not a problem spot. If any one would have a worn out gear, it would probably be me..

Latest posts

Back