motorcycle endorsement test on a vmax?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took my test on my vmax and failed.

There was a serpentine set up with orange cones. He said I went thru too fast.

He had me doing figure 8's in a closed course around some planters. I didn't use my turn signal.

After that I ended up signing up for riders course. PA offers basic rider training for free. They even provide motocycles. We had a couple hrs in the classroom and a couple in a parking lot. It was a few evenings.... If you pass, yet a license at the end.

I took my test on my vmax and failed.

There was a serpentine set up with orange cones. He said I went thru too fast.

He had me doing figure 8's in a closed course around some planters. I didn't use my turn signal.

After that I ended up signing up for riders course. PA offers basic rider training for free. They even provide motocycles. We had a couple hrs in the classroom and a couple in a parking lot. It was a few evenings.... If you pass, yet a license at the end.
Kind of a hard ass, eh? I had a hard ass when I did my CDL, he marked me down for not accelerating hard enough when I joined a 4 lane road from a side street, said I did not keep up with the flow of traffic. I was in one of Ryder's local fleet trucks that had seen many miles, even though it was empty it still was a dog! I was completely ready for that test and he nicked me on a few other little points. I smiled and took the certificate and didn't say a word to him. At least it made me feel better!:rofl_200:

Took it on my Virago after 2 months of riding. Piece of cake...could have passed it on the V-Max.

I would have just done the class, but they book up so quick here.

I love all the responses!

The safety courses book up fast here also, I had a chance to get a seat at the last one the local Harley Davidson shop does, but at 400 bucks I thought I would give the 40 dollar test a shot first. Lol

I love all the responses!

The safety courses book up fast here also, I had a chance to get a seat at the last one the local Harley Davidson shop does, but at 400 bucks I thought I would give the 40 dollar test a shot first. Lol

Yeah I don't blame you lol. Test is free here, you only pay if you pass and get your endorsement...so it was a no brainer for me haha

I'm going on distant memory here, but when I got my last endorsement I was still living in the Seattle area. When I moved to SD it carried over. At that time I had the Triumph Sprint ST 955cc and got the permit and at the end of 90 days I was to take the test. I had lined up an old 175cc Suzy to take the test on but it was explained to me at the DOL that had I taken the test on a bike under 650cc than my endorsement would not be valid for bikes over 650cc (I think it was 650). I cant recall but I think there were 3 endorsement types, under 250cc, 250-650 and 650-up. Again I may be off but I do remember it was graduated by CC size. I used the Sprint for the test to gain the unlimited endorsement, it was such an easy bike to ride it was an easy pass. It was MUCH easier to ride than the max.

I'm not sure if they still do it that way, this was back in 2000, here in SD you can take the test on anything bigger than a chainsaw and ride a 2300cc Rocket III home. The downside is a common occurance in this region where you get someone on a 950lb Road King that really should have spent a couple seasons on a Rebel 250 first.

I'm not sure if they still do it that way, this was back in 2000, here in SD you can take the test on anything bigger than a chainsaw and ride a 2300cc Rocket III home. The downside is a common occurance in this region where you get someone on a 950lb Road King that really should have spent a couple seasons on a Rebel 250 first.

I can relate...lol I took mine in Wyo in 87. Never had to take it again..lol But I have had to take the MSF multiple times. First one I had to pay for, after that the Gov/ Military paid for it. I always disagreed with why I had to pay for a course to ride something I had been licensed on for over 10 years...

As I mentioned earlier. I passed the riding test with ease.
What I forgot to mention. Was I refused to study.And was determined to pass the written test with just my knowledge of riding and racing since I was 8 yrs old. on the 3rd try I passed. (trick questions)

like: what part of the lane should you ride in?

the state says ride in the middle. Common sense says thats where all the oil leaks from cars. And gets on the middle of the lane.

As I mentioned earlier. I passed the riding test with ease.
What I forgot to mention. Was I refused to study.And was determined to pass the written test with just my knowledge of riding and racing since I was 8 yrs old. on the 3rd try I passed. (trick questions)

like: what part of the lane should you ride in?

the state says ride in the middle. Common sense says thats where all the oil leaks from cars. And gets on the middle of the lane.

Yeah, the people that write the rules and test questions are not always riders... Sadly.

I take constantly varying positions within my lane depending on traffic, road conditions and whats on the shoulder/median, I do so without regard to anyones opinion, especially those that wright the book. Fact is there are to many factors that decide your line to cover in that thin publication and common sense must prevail, at least where it is available.

I agree with cj955. Lines are sometimes difficult to keep depending on road conditions as well as what was already stated by cj955

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back