Motorcycle helmets getting first head-up display

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually just picked up a standard Reevu to try out. Very slick mirror setup. A few of the guys were able to check it out at the recent dyno event.

I am looking forward to when NAV data can be incorporated into some sort of HUD. Google Glass has already shown that it is viable, just waiting for someone to start mass producing and developing it.

See what may trickle down in the future for helmets for everyday riding. I am sure they will not be cheap.

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/motorcycle-helmets-getting-first-head-up-display-195215114.html

Todd

While I do love the concept of the HUD incorporation into the helmet, I would be concerned that it may pose a distraction that I would find potentially risky, at least for me. I DEFINITELY would not want that in helmet rear view mirror. For one, that would be VERY distracting to me, and even disorienting. I much prefer taking an active look in the mirrors on the bike, or an actual look over the shoulder when I really need to make sure.

That just seems safest for me. Other riders might do very well with one of these helmets, I feel it is not for me.

I am looking forward to when NAV data can be incorporated into some sort of HUD. Google Glass has already shown that it is viable, just waiting for someone to start mass producing and developing it.

While I do love the concept of the HUD incorporation into the helmet, I would be concerned that it may pose a distraction that I would find potentially risky, at least for me. I DEFINITELY would not want that in helmet rear view mirror. For one, that would be VERY distracting to me, and even disorienting. I much prefer taking an active look in the mirrors on the bike, or an actual look over the shoulder when I really need to make sure.

That just seems safest for me. Other riders might do very well with one of these helmets, I feel it is not for me.

These helmets will definitely be a must try for any gadget multi-tasker. The distraction factor could pose an issue with these, IMO could cause a fixation type problem. Having the option to turn off would be big in my book just because I stare at screens all day anyways and like to just enjoy the ride view in my visor of course with the option to turn it on when needed. I have used ear buds, thought about getting a bluetooth headset but I generally just enjoy the sound of the bike and the view out my faceshield.

Back