Motorcyclist run off road, bikers chase after car

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Three motorcyclists are in custody after a chase through Lane County Sunday evening"
http://www.kval.com/news/local/Witness-motorcyclist-run-off-road-bikers-retaliate-147532575.html

Sounds like they arrested the wrong people to me :damn angry:

The folks in the car committed a felony and should have been arrested. The bikers took it way to far with the hell's angels mentality by smashing out the car windows of the runner and attacking their car. Simply taking down the license plate number with eye witness testimony would have been enough to bring them to justice.

So now they gave them an excuse. They can claim they fled for their safety and who can argue now? :bang head:

Taking down the plate # would be good, if they weren't riding their bikes. I don't usually have a pen and paper handy to jot down plates. I was almost ran over Monday by a stop sign runner. I followed him to his house.

The folks in the car committed a felony and should have been arrested. The bikers took it way to far with the hell's angels mentality by smashing out the car windows of the runner and attacking their car. Simply taking down the license plate number with eye witness testimony would have been enough to bring them to justice.

So now they gave them an excuse. They can claim they fled for their safety and who can argue now? :bang head:

Well, its not that easy. If the car made no contact with the mototorcycle only forced it off the road then the police can't do anything to the driver. If the driver made contact with the bike then it's a different story.

Don't get me wrong I think the 3 other bikers did the right thing and actually the driver got off easy with only busted windowns but as far as the law goes there is not a thing you can do to the driver in Illinois at least.

About a year ago I was in a car with my buddy (he was driving), we were going down a one way street and a car came out of the alley in front of us I mean he didn't even slow down the only thing my buddy could do is swere onto stopped cars to avoid hitting him. Guess what, when the police showed up they said we should have hit the other car but because the other car didn't make contact with ours they were not at fault. The cops actually let them drive away (we made sure they stuck around until the cops came). We couldn't believe it but my buddy ended up at fault for hitting parked cars. The cop told us we would have been better off just plowing into them there would have been no question then as to whose fault it was.

Well, its not that easy. If the car made no contact with the mototorcycle only forced it off the road then the police can't do anything to the driver. If the driver made contact with the bike then it's a different story.

Don't get me wrong I think the 3 other bikers did the right thing and actually the driver got off easy with only busted windowns but as far as the law goes there is not a thing you can do to the driver in Illinois at least.

About a year ago I was in a car with my buddy (he was driving), we were going down a one way street and a car came out of the alley in front of us I mean he didn't even slow down the only thing my buddy could do is swere onto stopped cars to avoid hitting him. Guess what, when the police showed up they said we should have hit the other car but because the other car didn't make contact with ours they were not at fault. The cops actually let them drive away (we made sure they stuck around until the cops came). We couldn't believe it but my buddy ended up at fault for hitting parked cars. The cop told us we would have been better off just plowing into them there would have been no question then as to whose fault it was.

And to think.....WE VOTE FOR THE IDIOTS THAT MAKE THESE LAWS!!!:bang head::bang head:

100% true. A few weeks ago something similar happened to me....I was in traffic, some car shot out from a store's parking lot. I swerved around, had too much front brake and lowsided it.

When the cops came, this was not an "accident", since there was no contact between his car and my bike. It was a "1 vehicle incident". However, another driver who was behind me when it happened stopped and told the police the car clearly cut me off and caused the "incident". The 90 year old guy driving just said "I didn't see you and thought it was clear". He was not listed on the police report at all....just in the narrative it said "other driver ticketed for failure to yield right of way".

We didn't collide, and unless there's a third party who stops to testify on your behalf about the accident details, the cop just has a your-word-against-theirs situation, writes up a report, and sends you both on your way.

The bikers should have followed the car only long enough to remember the plate #. That's all that was needed. Now it'll get spun that the cager was the victim. The police and news love excuses to demonize bikers.

Back