Multi-Part Tuning Question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kratos

Reaction score
:ummm:
I have a 2007 VMAX and my plans are to install A Factory Pro Ti jet kit, K&N air filter, Mark's Performance headers, and fab the back half of the exhaust myself with dual Supertrapp 16" superlight stainless mufflers. (I'm not a big fan of the megaphone look)

1. Supertrapp offers a 2.5" diameter core in these mufflers, would there be an advantage of going with this instead of the 2" diameter? I had seen that the 2.5" core was recommended with the Kerker 4:2:1 system, but will that still be the case with a 4:2:2 system?

2. With a plan like this, can anyone give me recommendations as to what main jets, needle height, etc.... and how many discs to use in the Supertrapps to get me started? I realize it won't be exact, but I want to minimize the amount of times I have to adjust everything.

I would stay away from Factory Pro and buy the individual parts you need. F.P. needles are way too agressive.

I'm not sure different cores will make a big difference other than sound. With your setup I would stay stock carbs or go with Morley's Muscle kit. For stock, keep stock needles and put 147.5's or 150's for main jets. Tie 2-3 slide spring coils off, set you mixture screws, sync and you should be fine.

Thanks for the info!

What do you mean by saying tie 2-3 slide spring coils off? I have not seen that before.

What you do is use 2-3 strands of copper wire to tie off the last 2-3 slide spring coils. This makes the slides open a little quicker for better throttle response.

Anytime! Let us know how you come out! I'd be curious to hear the 'Trapps with 2.5 inch baffle.

Back