My new bike (06 max) Can this be right?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yamahonda36

Reaction score
I just wanted to see if this can be right. I will scan and post the actual dyno sheets tomorrow. I just bought an 06 with 2k miles and The guy dynoed it stock and I believe it was around 100hp and around 90ft/Ibs of torque. He then installed Kerker 4 into 1 exhaust, K&N filters and a stage 7 jet kit and then Dynoed it and then it put down 117 hp and a whopping 169ft/Ibs of torque. Can there really be that big of jump in torque?

no, look for a "blip" in the read out.

If that was really 169ft/tq you'd be at the hospital putting your arms back in the sockets.

I just wanted to see if this can be right. I will scan and post the actual dyno sheets tomorrow. I just bought an 06 with 2k miles and The guy dynoed it stock and I believe it was around 100hp and around 90ft/Ibs of torque. He then installed Kerker 4 into 1 exhaust, K&N filters and a stage 7 jet kit and then Dynoed it and then it put down 117 hp and a whopping 169ft/Ibs of torque. Can there really be that big of jump in torque?

I have an '06 and mine dyno'd 124bhp and 76lbft so yours should be around there.

Like VMID said. It was a blip.

Chris

Yeah, I figured that was way off. I was about to say. Thanks for the confirmation. I have ridden motocross my whole life and the max is my first street bike and Im loving every minute of it. Finally got old enough to afford the insurance.

So, I will take the rest of the runs and the best was 120hp and 120ft/Ibs or torque. Ill take that for sure.

Back