My new wheels.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought the same set just before Christmas so this is my first season. I can't even explain how awesome they look and feel. If you close your eyes(warning don't really close your eyes) you will think you are on a different bike. Easily best money spent so,far on my bike. ;)

I felt the same way. :biglaugh:

I already do! I haven't even put them on yet and I love them! I find myself standing in the garage just looking at them. :drool: Lol!

Rookie. :punk:

Attachments

• carrs1.jpg
    carrs1.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 56
  • carrs2.jpg
    carrs2.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 54
  • carrs3.jpg
    carrs3.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 58
  • carrs4.jpg
    carrs4.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 61
  • Baby_3-13.jpg
    Baby_3-13.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 61
Let us know when you get them on. I had a fitment issue with mine and new Galfer Rotors on my 06 VMAX.
The rotors on mine are rubbing on the inside of the caliper body. I have to get different bearings to shift the front rim over about 2mm.

My stock rotors were ok, they didn't rub on the caliper body. But they did push the pads all the way to one side. The Galfers are thicker so I can't run it till I shift the rim over.

I tried machining down the speedometer adapter but I could only machine it down 1mm. So the Galfers rub less, but it still needs to come over about 1.75mm.

If you get some time before you install them. Can you look at the numbers on your bearings. I'd like to know if yours are different than my bearings.
There should be some tiny numbers on the very edges of the bearings.

I see in your picture you already have the seal in the speedo side on the front rim. Don't worry about that side. Do not remove it unless you have the proper tool. There is a thin metal retainer ring inside there and if you use a screw driver to remove it you will bend that $3.50 retainer. Don't ask me how I know the price. LOL!

But if you get the # off the other side It will tell me if your bearings are different than mine.

If you get some time before you install them. Can you look at the numbers on your bearings. I'd like to know if yours are different than my bearings.
There should be some tiny numbers on the very edges of the bearings.

I see in your picture you already have the seal in the speedo side on the front rim. Don't worry about that side. Do not remove it unless you have the proper tool. There is a thin metal retainer ring inside there and if you use a screw driver to remove it you will bend that $3.50 retainer. Don't ask me how I know the price. LOL!

But if you get the # off the other side It will tell me if your bearings are different than mine.

I bought these wheels from fltinstructor and the bearings and seals where already installed, but if I have any trouble I will give you an update.

Got my wheels installed today. They ride great! I did have a clerance issue with the left front caliper. The inside rotor was making contact with the inside of the caliper. I used washers to space the caliper inboard to get the clerance I needed.
ny9u4enu.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1368323818567.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368323818567.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 28
  • uploadfromtaptalk1368323847179.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368323847179.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 40
  • uploadfromtaptalk1368323870073.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368323870073.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 31
  • uploadfromtaptalk1368323895222.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368323895222.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 34
Look Awesome man.
I got mine fixed today too. Turned out the spacer between the bearings was a mm too long and it was preventing the left bearing from seating all the way down in the race. Once I got in machined down the whole thing came together and rides awesome to the 10th power.
Just got back from a midnight ride from the Honky Tonk and I wanna go back out and ride some more.

Look Awesome man.
I got mine fixed today too. Turned out the spacer between the bearings was a mm too long and it was preventing the left bearing from seating all the way down in the race. Once I got in machined down the whole thing came together and rides awesome to the 10th power.
Just got back from a midnight ride from the Honky Tonk and I wanna go back out and ride some

So true about the 10th power! I could tell a huge difference when I was just easing out of the neighborhood!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Bike looks great. Glad to hear the wheels on roberts bike got a resolution too!

Whoo Hoo! That really looks nice. I'm glad they went to a great home. I know you like the way they handle. :biglaugh:

that bodywork looks like mr. pickles old bodywork and he had cazz's too. blue IIRC.

So I weighed the factory wheels with tires and rotors today just to see how much weight difference there was. Front weighed 35 lbs. and rear weighed 40 lbs. For a difference of 8 lbs. per wheel. I shaved 16 lbs. total.

That's RECIPROCATING MASS!!! Which has a far greater effect then that small number signifies.

Back