My tin foil hat Yamaha conspiracy theory!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buster Hymen

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
This is my current conspiracy theory on Jim & Toxic upcoming TV ad thread http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=9417 . I don't want to hijack that thread so I started it here.
Current theory -- Yamaha is going to bring back the Gen 1 VMax!:wacko: I say this because why would they now suddenly do a print and TV commercial featuring a Gen 1 VMax?? :hmmm: Wouldn't it make more sense to say use Sheldon's Gen 2 VMax for an ad to promote a current product and how it can be customized to your taste? Is Yamaha now doing a Coca Cola turn around when they got rid of Coke for the "new" Coke, realized they screwed up and re released the original Coke as Coke Classic and kept the new Coke also? Maybe we will have VMax Classic ( Gen 1) and the new VMax (Gen 2). If the bring out the Gen 1 again I hope they at least make 2 mods -- EFI and radials! That would be all it would need. Then do some updates every few years like they do on all their other bikes. Fellow tin hatters, join in and state your theories!! :banana:

tinfoil%20hat.jpg

Way to think outside the box....

I with you on that Buster, FI and Radials and 5 gal tank. :punk:
I will now add 3 more years worth of spam to the bunker.:gun shoot:

hmmmm,And thus in turn possibly raising the worth of the ORIGINAL 1st gen because everyone will clamour for the "new 1st gen"...I noticed a spike in 1st gen Max $ worth when they released the 2nd gen.People wanting in on the action but dont want to by new.I hope youre right...in general it could mean
A) 1st gen lookin V-Max's on the road
B)A better cash value of the original 1st gen
C)NEW AFTERMARKET PARTS AND GOODIES FOR THE "NEW 1ST GEN" THAT WE CAN RETRO-FIT TO THE ORIGINAL 1ST GEN.
I like where this is going...Hope youre right indeed.

Well, it's an interesting theory.

I think the new Vmax came out too expensive at the wrong time.
Bikes - like the Vmax - are *generally* not considered as a commuter bike - saying that I realize many of you actually DO commute.

I'd love a brand new old vmax WITH RADIALS from the factory. Maybe nicer suspension.

You just might have something there, Buster, it certainly provides an answer to the question, "Why did they choose a Gen I for this TV deal?"

No offense Jimmy...a REALLY nice Gen I, for sure, but still a bike that's supposedly gone out of production? :ummm:

Veeerrrry interesting!! :hmmm:

They don't need to bring back the Gen I, they need to drop the price of the Gen 2 by $8,000.

UUuum. What TV commercial? :confused2:

And I think the value of the Gen 1's went up simply because they no longer make them. And Ohh and of course, my article in the VBoost inspired members to raise the selling price on their VMAXie. :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Interesting theory...... and here I thought it was my devilishly handsome good looks and a cool bike:rofl_200: Just for folks who may not know I am filming a spot for a Yamaha Canada commercial on my Max, and doing a photo shoot for print ads as well.

Interesting theory...... and here I thought it was my devilishly handsome good looks and a cool bike:rofl_200: Just for folks who may not know I am filming a spot for a Yamaha Canada commercial on my Max, and doing a photo shoot for print ads as well.

Definitely right there Jimmy, Toxic is for sure a very cool bike!!! :biglaugh:

No way could I resist that one buddy!!! :rofl_200:

I with you on that Buster, FI and Radials and 5 gal tank. :punk:
I will now add 3 more years worth of spam to the bunker.:gun shoot:

+1. I'd also give a "new" gen-1 a 6th gear, or a taller 5th gear, or chain drive so i can pick my own ratios!

Blaine

You just might have something there, Buster, it certainly provides an answer to the question, "Why did they choose a Gen I for this TV deal?"

No offense Jimmy...a REALLY nice Gen I, for sure, but still a bike that's supposedly gone out of production? :ummm:

Veeerrrry interesting!! :hmmm:

My theory is that Yamaha is going to drop this deal as soon as they discover that the gorgeous blond stretched out on Toxic isn't the "Jim" they were hoping for!

Blaine

Well, it's an interesting theory.

I think the new Vmax came out too expensive at the wrong time.
Bikes - like the Vmax - are *generally* not considered as a commuter bike - saying that I realize many of you actually DO commute.

I'd love a brand new old vmax WITH RADIALS from the factory. Maybe nicer suspension.
+1,
And no more wobble and a reinforced swing arm too.
<<Dave>>:biglaugh:

Maybe they chose the Gen1 as it has survived the test of time , it took the world by storm and people after all this time still admire itand has a cult following now .

After all it is " The Legend " . :clapping::punk::clapping:

Maybe we will have VMax Classic ( Gen 1) and the new VMax (Gen 2). If the bring out the Gen 1 again I hope they at least make 3 mods -- EFI, radials and fix the wobble! That would be all it would need. Then do some updates every few years like they do on all their other bikes. Fellow tin hatters, join in and state your theories!! :banana:

FYP (fixed your post)

Maybe they chose the Gen1 as it has survived the test of time , it took the world by storm and people after all this time still admire itand has a cult following now .

After all it is " The Legend " . :clapping::punk::clapping:
Agreed. I'm a Gen 2 owner, but I'll starting to get the itch for a Gen 1. Maybe after the next deployment. :punk:

Latest posts

Back