Need a good sync

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'm not sure how often other bikes come 'out of synch' but i know the manuals for other bikes say it only needs to be checked every 10k miles or something crazy like that.

i'd still like to say tho, my $25 tool from the UK with shipping works great, no calibration issues. just simple vac compare. only a 2 porter tho

I bought a set of the Chrome Sync Guages off ebay and got them last week. Transaction went smooth and was very helpful in answering questions but as soon as I asked for instructions I can't get a reply back. It's as if he's blowing me off now. Have asked 6+ times. Anyway I was wondering if anyone that has bought the set has a copy of the instructions. Granted it looks straight forward but want some guidance on the hookup and any tips or tricks.

I bought a set of the Chrome Sync Guages off ebay and got them last week. Transaction went smooth and was very helpful in answering questions but as soon as I asked for instructions I can't get a reply back. It's as if he's blowing me off now. Have asked 6+ times. Anyway I was wondering if anyone that has bought the set has a copy of the instructions. Granted it looks straight forward but want some guidance on the hookup and any tips or tricks.

I'm not familiar with the chrome gauges, but they all pretty much work the same.

Looks like none of the adapters are used. Just plug in the hoses to the guages tighten down the 4 thumbscews (guess hand tight) and hook the other end of the hoses to the carb nipples. Other question is do you hook all four at the same time? The carb sync thread shows only two hooked up at a time (motion pro tutorial in carb section). Can someone verify if this is correct? Thanks.

Looks like none of the adapters are used. Just plug in the hoses to the guages tighten down the 4 thumbscews (guess hand tight) and hook the other end of the hoses to the carb nipples. Other question is do you hook all four at the same time? The carb sync thread shows only two hooked up at a time (motion pro tutorial in carb section). Can someone verify if this is correct? Thanks.

ok, I'm going off of memory. I haven't used a vacuum sync for about 20 years.

You hook all 4 cyls up. (sometimes the adaptors aren't needed.) The thumb screws on each tube are just like the restricters in the murc kit, 'cept they are adjustable.

You screw/unscrew them to get a more smoother reading, that way the needle isn't jumping all over the place.

once you get the guages working pretty smooth and needle jumping to a minimum The rest of the sync is the same.

I got all four hooked and tried the procedure. All guages are reading Zero. I am confused, am I missing something here? :confused2:

I got all four hooked and tried the procedure. All guages are reading Zero. I am confused, am I missing something here? :confused2:

Do you have the thumbscrews open? If they're closed, Open them up until you get the smoothest reading.

The only thing that should be done with gauges is to syncronise the gauges with one vacuum source to make sure they are all reading the same, I hook mine up to my truck all four gauges to one vacuum source and then if needed i adjust the gauges to read the same.
Rhoy

Back