Need a good sync

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmaxcruzer

Reaction score
I'm tired of my Motion pro mercury stick sync tool, its garbage! Looking to get the Carb tune, where's the best place to get one, best price?
Kenny

Best place to get the carbtune is....Carbtune. type Morgan Carbtune into google and you'll find their site. Less than $100 to your door. Only took a few days from the UK to PA. Works great and quick. I'm sure you could make one for less than $10 that would work just as good though.

The one thing I like about the carb tune that is a big plus is all the indicators are right next to each other and it makes it super easy to compare.

The one thing I like about the carb tune that is a big plus is all the indicators are right next to each other and it makes it super easy to compare.

I like carbtune for same reason, the gauges are more visible though... havent used either personally

I will put in my 2 cents here are the gauges I use http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Vacu...Z220418968485QQptZMotorsQ5fAutomotiveQ5fTools & they are second to none & I believe there are several people in this forum that have used mine & will tell you they are great in the end its up to you.

I used them last Tech day and I agree they are great. I'm quite happy with my Carbtune so far, but if I ever replace it with those gauges I'll also my letting my CT go.

Nice extra things with these gauges (over CT) are:
- adjustable dampers make readings easier/more accurate
- they come with all the threaded adapters for a multitude of bikes
- nice storage suitcase

I have a brand new CT ready to use.

Might get around to it in the next 4 days.

I also have 4 brand new plugs I'm thinking about.

I used them last Tech day and I agree they are great. I'm quite happy with my Carbtune so far, but if I ever replace it with those gauges I'll also my letting my CT go.

Nice extra things with these gauges (over CT) are:
- adjustable dampers make readings easier/more accurate
- they come with all the threaded adapters for a multitude of bikes
- nice storage suitcase
It would be nice because it can be used for different bikes
I would put an ad in the paper to synch carbs for $50.00.
that would probably piss off alot of dealers tho.LOL.:eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:
<<Dave>>:punk:

It would be nice because it can be used for different bikes
I would put an ad in the paper to synch carbs for $50.00.
that would probably piss off alot of dealers tho.LOL.:eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:
<<Dave>>:punk:

i wouldn't do it for $50. its such a pain. by the time u get the gas tank off n whatnot and hook up a spare tank it would be a pita!

i'd do it on vmaxes all day long for $50. But 90% of the bikes out there it would take probably an hour to get it apart and another to get it back together. plus hooking up the spare tank. not to mention u would get different bikes all the times. plus what if a tank got dropped.

The money would be to invent a kit to fit several different bikes that a guy could install once, so you could hook up easier to sync. Kinda like the lube points on a piece of heavy equipment, they all route to a general location easy to get to instead of out of reach.

We had an FZR4000/YZF600 hybrid that had factory hose adapters that brought the connection points out from under the tank so no removal was needed. You did still need the special screwdriver that motion pro sells just to get in there and tweak it.

My digital tool has more then paid off over the years but most will have no reason to spend that much to buy one. The carbtune is probably one of the better values.

Sean

Back