Need a little help !!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dutyhole

Reaction score
I have a 1993 max problem this has hapened before now that winter is over i rode my bike for the first time this year sittng 4 months ... Before i did park it i put a can of seafoam in the tank ran it for a bit and then shut her down .... Got on it rode about 5miles then all of a sudden again whle im crusing i can hear the exhaust sputter uggg if i power up i an hear it clear al up but then if i just cruise right away i can hear it sputter again this anoying !!! Las tyear i had a mechanic take the carbs apart clean them and instal new fuel filter and re jettted the bike for the supertrap exhaust and all the summer it as fine !!! But now mechanic is gone out of he loop so im stuck !! Any help wold be nice and if you know of a good mechanic in new jersey or close to phildelphia pa please pm me !!!!!!!!!!!!

Earlier this week i put Seafoam in my tank which was 2/3rds full, i reckon i used half a cup, maybe a tad less.
Ran engine and shut it down, next day it ran like crap, like one dead cylinder. Or was trying to run on water. So i filled the tank with clean gas and after a bit it finally settled down and ran on all four, summary, too much Seafoam may be bad.

ty i appreiate your imput i guess ill drain the tank over the weekend .. What additave do you guys reccamend and how much ?

I have a 1993 max problem this has hapened before now that winter is over i rode my bike for the first time this year sittng 4 months ... Before i did park it i put a can of seafoam in the tank ran it for a bit and then shut her down .... Got on it rode about 5miles then all of a sudden again whle im crusing i can hear the exhaust sputter uggg if i power up i an hear it clear al up but then if i just cruise right away i can hear it sputter again this anoying !!! Las tyear i had a mechanic take the carbs apart clean them and instal new fuel filter and re jettted the bike for the supertrap exhaust and all the summer it as fine !!! But now mechanic is gone out of he loop so im stuck !! Any help wold be nice and if you know of a good mechanic in new jersey or close to phildelphia pa please pm me !!!!!!!!!!!!

You can send a pm to dannymax and mail them to him in ny if you can take them off yourself.

Personal message-pm
If you scroll up and look at the banners above when it turns to BRC carb shop click on it for prices about your dannymax working on your carbs.

All the banners are at the bottom of every page too.

Sure, send them up.... the problems you're experiencing are something we work on daily, save you some coin too more than likely.

Back