Need help choosing between 2...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would also ask the dealer if there is any way to contact the previous owner,and if so ask them about the work carb jetting tuned to the kirker :ummm: you may not have to put a dime into it, but if you choose the stock one
the work becomes fun,money becomes less of an object and the results are more rewarding.(play Frankenstien and create a monster)

Good suggestions......

IT IS ALIVE!!!!!!:biglaugh:

I am thinking the stocker has PROBABLY seen less abuse.....

Could be wrong tho......

How much can you abuse somthing in 18500 miles????

Don't answer that.....I have looked around here you guys is nuts N-V-T-S nuts:worthy:

I called the dealer today.......apparently the website is wrong.....

The one with the Kerker is a 95 not a 99 and has 31000 miles on it:sad2:

Doh! As I said, I could sell you an 05. Not sure what shipping would be but would make a deal on it. Put it back to stock, leave it like it is or somewhere in between. Would be shipping would be in the $500 range. It's got an overdrive installed in it along with the undercut service we perform.

$5800 in completely stock form (it would still have the trans work), $6300 with Kerker and my jet kit, or $8000 as is (with extended swingarm, chromed 17" rear wheel and matching chrome OEM front). It also has a few other chromed items too.

Help fund an 09 - LOL.

Sean

Doh! As I said, I could sell you an 05. Not sure what shipping would be but would make a deal on it. Put it back to stock, leave it like it is or somewhere in between. Would be shipping would be in the $500 range. It's got an overdrive installed in it along with the undercut service we perform.

$5800 in completely stock form (it would still have the trans work), $6300 with Kerker and my jet kit, or $8000 as is (with extended swingarm, chromed 17" rear wheel and matching chrome OEM front). It also has a few other chromed items too.

Help fund an 09 - LOL.

Sean

the 5800 or 6300 is a wicked deal man.. plus u know its been taken care of... if thats too far outa your price range thats fine but if i was in the market i'd SERIOUSLY consider sean's offer...

he could probably also customize it a bit to your tastes before it leaves him (seat, etc...)

I was leaning toward the 2000 because it is stock and I could put Cobra slip-ons on it....They look nice:biglaugh:)But people here do not like them AT ALL...so that's out:rofl_200:

Don't be so quick. I personally love my cobras (they came with the bike) even tho according to everyone and their mother they cost me a few ponies, they look and sound GREAT. Fact is I spend several nights a month enjoying "Bike night" type activities where my Cobras pay off in the way I like, while it's only once or twice a month I turn a wheel in anger, and even then they aren't making the difference, my left hand is.

One thing about bikes with aftermarket pipes on them, you won't be sure until you rip into it what else the P.O. did with it. In my case the PO had the bikes jetting utterly FUBAR, and it took a lot of time and annoyance to get it sorted out. Sounds as if the stock 2000 you're looking at probably won't have been tinkered with at all.

Short version, if you don't like / intend to keep the kerkers, I'd buy the 2000 and save the hassles.

Help fund an 09 - LOL.

Sean

God DAMMIT Sean where were you when I bought my '01 with 14k on the clock for $6100? That's such a deal I'm almost tempted to buy the sumbitch on general principle (although my wife would surely kill me, I just bought a NightHawk .45.).

i agree with noxx. if u aren't going to take sean's deal, def the 2000.

Help fund an 09 - LOL.

Sean

HOLY POOP!!!!!!!

Sorry bub I didn't catch that there was an offer there:doh:.........

Can you pm me info.....colors.....Stuff to convince the wife to boost the budget????

She does the houshold finances.......not sure how firm the $5000.00 budget is:bang head:

OK........talked to wife $5000.00 purchase price is firm:damn angry:

She has figured in registration, taxes, insurance etc. above that......

But that is my top purchase $...........

Thanks for the offer tho......:tantrum:

No problem. If she changes her mind let me know. I'd even include the 3 piece seat section redone as $150 to the prices I listed. A savings there too. The overdrive trans option with undercutting is an $800 option when we build engines. This doesn't even include the labor. It's also got the solid mounts on it.

Either way, good luck in your endeavors. The bike is viewable in the buy/sell section. It's the purple/red custom painted bike. I will have some other paint schemes available too.

Sean

Wheres the '05 bike your selling? I didnt see it in the Buy/sell.

If the 99 has kerkers on it then look on the right rear of the engine for the oil filler cap. If it has a hose attached to it running up to the carbs it probably has a stage 7 jet kit. Can also remove the top cover and see if it has stock air box or four individual K&N filters. If four seperate filters then probably stage 7 jet kit.

If you are going to carry a passenger the factory back rest is a must. This item is about $300 used. If either bike has it installed try to have it thrown in on the deal for wich ever bike you buy. If you can find them a good used set of kirkers will run you about $600.

If it has twin kerkers then it will be the slip-on system and not very good for performance (when compared to the full header). If it does have those then I hope they didn't put on the stage seven since it will be constipated.

I can get the twin system for well under that new. I sell the headers for around that used with carbon fiber cans and not a ton more then that new with the issued aluminum can.

Sean

If i was you i would grab the stock 99 , then you know really what you got.
When you look at a bike thats mileage is unknown of had mods on it chances are its had a harder life . After all people dont put go fast bits on it for know reason unless they are gonna thrash it .

Back