Need help identifying aftermarket rods

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Birdoprey

Reaction score
I have 3 H-beam rods from a V-max. There are no markings at all anywhere on them except two have a small "U" on one end of the cap, and the 3rd has a small "J". I'm thinking they are Carrillo but not sure. Also where would be a good place to send them to make sure all is A-OK?

Attachments

• 100_1405.jpg
    100_1405.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 100_1406.jpg
    100_1406.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 21
  • 100_1407.jpg
    100_1407.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 23
If it was Carrillo he must of really did something to break it!

I would be leary of the remaining rods myself. I'm not saying the other 3 aren't good, just make sure to have them fully inspected. It sounds like they might have taken a pounding. I have to wonder if Carillo (if thats what they are) would recertify them? Of course you would have to weigh the cost of that versus a new set.

I am a carrillo dealer too and can have you send them in for reconditioning if you want. I am wanting to say it's between $75-$100 per rod for the recon service which is resize the big end, rebush the small end, and mag/flux the rods. Might even include new bolts but don't recall. Of course if you want to sell them I may be interested too. Either outright buy or trade for a set of reworked stockers ready to install (resized and bushed with carrillo bushings). I don't recall what the current price is on the carr "H" rods but I would get one at the same time as you have the others redone so they will match as a set.

Sean

Latest posts

Back