need info on the dyna 3000

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattmullins

Reaction score
Was wondering if any body has this did it make a difference. Do you need resistorsin the wires since the plugs have them

I too did it for the rev limiter and the timing curves. I'm using the setting for curve 4. I noticed a slight increase in gas milage and the bike starts better and runs a little more crisp.

An alternative to the Dyna unit is an Ignitech TCI. This is an extremely flexible unit that I have used all last year with no problems. A lot of triumph guys are using this. There are about 10 of us that have it on our Ventures.

It is not as fully pre programed as the Dyna unit, but on the up side, it is fully programmable by the user. You can put any timing curve in you want.

I am in the process of hooking my Vboost unit up to mine, the Vboost is also programmable.

There are outputs for a shift light and tach output. Has a programmable rev limiter. Inputs for side stand neutral and others.

Web site is http://www.ignitech.cz/english/aindex.htm

It is the TCIP4 module with 4 channel servo driver that will work on the V4 engines. We have them being used on the 4 pickup coil (83-89) & single pickup coil (90-93) versions of Ventures.

You can download the software from their web site. In the software there is a setting for a Yamaha XVZ 1300, this is the RSV version of the software, it is not the version we are using for the V4 motors similar to the VMaxs. I could email you my settings if you want to see them, after you have downloaded the main software. My software is setup for 4 pickup coils.

It is 135 euro, current exchange rate is $181 US + shipping. They are based in the Czech Republic
. They will reply to email questions in fairly decent English.

They supply it with the wiring harness converter to plug right into your bike.

I have run one all summer flawlessly.

On their web site they refer to using a throttle position sensor. The ones that I know that are using it have used a MAP sensor from non turbo GM car. They run on 5v which is what the TCI supplies. We have been concerned with using the stock vacuum sensor on the bike as it is a 12v output and the TCI expects a 5v signal. Ignitech says the 12v is OK though.

I have also added a small vacuum canister (about 2" long) to smooth out the pulsing from my carbs.

Programing is done via a laptop through a 9 pin serial connection on the TCI. Radio shack sells a USB to 9 pin serial adapter for about $20 if your laptop does not have a serial port.

My bike dyno tested at almost exact HP curve when I first installed it. I have since modified timing map and it seems better than stock TCI.

Attached are some screen shots of a few pages in the software and the user manual.

The actual software is attached in a zip file. You can unzip this and run it on your PC to see what software is capable of.

The file that is enclosed in with the software is the *.ign file that I am currently running. It is set up for a 4 pick up coil motor. It can be set up for a single pick up coil motor also.

Gary

Attachments

• ignitech system.jpg
    ignitech system.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 54
  • V80 screen 1.jpg
    V80 screen 1.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 40
  • V80 screen 2.jpg
    V80 screen 2.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 31
  • V80 screen 3.jpg
    V80 screen 3.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 34
  • V80 screen 3a.jpg
    V80 screen 3a.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 26
  • V80 screen 4.jpg
    V80 screen 4.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 27
  • V80 screen 5.jpg
    V80 screen 5.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 26
  • manual_sparker_tcip4_v80_en.pdf
    177.3 KB · Views: 6
  • TCIP4__V80.zip
    753.4 KB · Views: 8
Gary,

This is amazing... I have a Daytona Twin Tec Ignition in my 1200 Sportster that can be set up to any curve that can be imagined, via laptop computer.
Every aspect of the engine control and electronic gauges can be set up...

It'll take me some time to get up to a level of understanding on this ingatech but it sounds like the "E-Ticket" for 85-89 VMax's...

Thanx for sharing all of this info. It's really appreciated...:biglaugh:

Dave in Florida

That software's a lot like what the Twin Tec uses....:biglaugh:

Nice. I see one of these units in my future...

Was wondering if any body has this did it make a difference. Do you need resistorsin the wires since the plugs have them

I'm with you though. Is there any measurable performance gains? Dyno pull stock cdi vs dyna or the Ignatec.

I'm with you though. Is there any measurable performance gains? Dyno pull stock cdi vs dyna or the Ignatec.

I have a dyno pull that has the Ignitech unit on one run and the stock TCI one the other. Pulls were very close to one another. HP only. Pull was in 4th gear.

This was done right after I got ignitech unit and it was not finely tuned at that point. It was a $20 deal at a bar near Mid Ohio Race Track.

The stock unit broke up some at higher RPM's which I had not ever noticed. I might not have gotten harness in tight when I swapped units out.

It's not up to VMax standards at the point this was done. Had 1300 motor, VMax heads and final drive. No VBoost, stock 34mm carbs.

I know one of the members on here has just bought an Ignitech unit. Have been working with him last couple of days.

Gary

Attachments

• 1300 horsepower_ignitech & stock TCI-s.jpg
    1300 horsepower_ignitech & stock TCI-s.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 24
Back