Need Opinions about selling my Boat

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpecOps13

Reaction score
I'm putting an ad up on Kijiji (Ebay) Craig's List, whatever. Here's what I've got. Question is , Am I alright on the price?????? Higher, Lower... The Boat is really Immaculate... I was injured pretty badly in an accident 1997 and thought I would be able to use this more when I bought it in 2002. Didn't happen. I've got about $13,000.00 in it. The pictures were taken Today Toooo.........

Title * 2001 16' Cape Craft Center Console...75 HP Mercury and Trailer.

Price * $8750.00

Description * 2001 16", Cape Craft, Center Console with Boat Cover, Boat has 2 Batteries (1 Front (Trolling Motor )) ( 1 Rear (Engine, Lights and Electronics)), Motor Guide, Great White Trolling Motor with Handle Extension. Anchoring Platform with Anchor.. Docking Line. Front Pedestal Seat. Instruments- Speed and RPM, Fuel Gauge, Engine Temperature and Water Pressure, Trim Indicator, Level indicator, USMC Compass, Eagle Depth Finder ( This Depth Finder is fully functional and readable but has a degraded LCD Display. Part of it displays as a negative I have a replacement head unit on order and will provide it as soon as it comes in). ... Boat has removable Operating Lights. Electric Horn, Paddle, Boat Hook. Fire Extinguisher. Boat also has Large Front Storage Compartment, Center Console Storage, Rear Storage, All Storage is Lockable.. Live Well with Remote Pump (Pump is New). Auto and Manual Bilge Pump (Pump is New) Always maintained and kept clean. Comes with Specific Tools, Emergency Kit, Life Preservers. Extra Trim Tab components... Towing bracket to hold the motor at an angle for ground clearance...

75 HP 3 Cylinder Power Trim and Tilt, Stainless Steel 17" pitch, Rapture Prop. Honestly, About 300 hours total on the engine. This Engine is literally so clean, you could eat off of it... Extra Aluminum Props, 17" p and 19" P,

Continental Drive On Trailer Also set up for walk on.... Extra new wheel and tire, Buddy Bearings. .

Everything is in Exceptionally Clean Condition. . Always stored under cover, always flushed after Salt Water use... Boat will run 40 mph with 2 people on a very calm day. Runs 36 with a moderate chop.

I want to add but not sure it's allowed, that I will consider trades of Gen 1 VMax plus Cash, Gen 2 VMax and I'll add Cash. Smaller Boat in same condition plus cash.:ummm::ummm::ummm::confused2:

Help......... Thanx.....

9:35 PM: Wow, no interested in Boats here.. No replies??? How about just to help me out????:ummm::confused2:11:06 PM: Gave up and Posted it:sad2:

Attachments

• EB1.jpg
    EB1.jpg
    265.4 KB · Views: 31
  • EB2.jpg
    EB2.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 24
  • EB3.jpg
    EB3.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 21
  • EB4.jpg
    EB4.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 20
  • EB5.jpg
    EB5.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 19
  • EB6.jpg
    EB6.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 17
  • EEB7.jpg
    EEB7.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 20
  • EB8.jpg
    EB8.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 18
I'd say that's a pretty fair price. At our dealer I bet that would we a $10k boat if we got it in on trade or something. Looks like a clean boat owned by someone who knows what they were doing. From experience at a dealer, having a neat, clean boat is worth quite a lot....even if the new owner doesn't keep things the same way.

Craigslist you can ask whatever you want as far as trades. Ebay frowns on "outside transactions" and most ebay buyers are looking to buy outright not wheel and deal anyway.

I seem to remember the 75 and 90hp triple Mercs are very similar (same bore/stroke/head/pistons), and the 75 is just a "detuned" 90 that Merc neutered with timing that doesn't advance as far and a slightly smaller main jet so the RPMs won't go as high. Seem to remember the spec for the 90 was 5500RPM, and the 75 was 5000RPM.

Lots of motors follow that....costs way too much to make entirely new motors for every model so they tend to get 3 or 4 engines out of the same powerhead and just fiddle with things. The Honda 8 and 9.9 are identical except for the carb, the Evinrude/Johnson 8, 9.9, and 15 were all identical except for the carbs as well.

Dave I don't know much about boats but that's a damn nice one and looks super clean and fully loaded! Looks like it's easily worth what you're asking so good luck on your sale.
Mike

That looks like a fine deal.
I sold my '88 18.5 bayliner capri w/cuddy, with a Chrysler Force 125, back in '02 for $3.5k.
Eagle fishfinder, Waterskis, Kneeboard, Rope and 6 life vests went with it.

I don't know anything about boats Dave but that looks like a beauty! There is always a market for a clean, well maintained peice of machinery like that. It's a shame you couldn't get the use out of her that you were hoping but who knows, maybe there's a hell of a Gen II deal on the other side of this one....just waiting for you! :clapping:

I think that price is more than fair Dave. Nice clean looking boat. I've been in the boat buiseness for over 20 years till a few weeks ago. I'm afraid my Grady White Stingray is going to be up for sale too. Unemployment doesn't cut it for keeping to many toys. Selling my boat also means-radials on my Max.
Steve-o

Wow guys, thanx for all the feedback. I was really skeptical about the price. This boat is immaculate as I try to keep everything. If I were looking for a boat, I wouldn't hesitate for a second on this. I put it on the free Ebay so I added trades for a smaller boat and cash, Gen 1 plus cash or Gen 2 and I'll add cash. Thought about a VRod but I got over it. I would want the Screaming Eagle version. Going on Craig's List today or tomorrow... My final price ws $8,750.00

While we're here, next up will be my 98 Dodge Ram SS/T.. Basically a Show Truck with 49,000 miles on it.. Too many Accessories to list here before I get called to breakfast. :rofl_200:What do you think? It's probably the most loaded SS/T in the world.

Attachments

• Dodge Sell.jpg
    Dodge Sell.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 7
  • MVC-096F.JPG
    MVC-096F.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 7
  • Copy of MVC-293F.JPG
    Copy of MVC-293F.JPG
    107.2 KB · Views: 7
  • MVC-088F.JPG
    MVC-088F.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 7
Saml01: Fly down here, buy the boat and truck combo and drive em home.... Buy both, I'll give you a great package deal....:biglaugh:

Back