Need some advise...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gee like old home week. I used to live in Watertown and worked on Fort Drum for a while. I also worked at on a farm just on top of the ridge on Hadley Rd. right outside of Black River for some extra cash sugaring in the spring and haying in the summer. Guys name was Mike, but as it was 8 years ago I will be dipped if I can remember the last name. His parents owned the farm and it used to be a dairy, but they just raised cattle and ran their sugar bush. Ahhhh the memories of lunch at the Golden Unicorn LOL!!

You have an aftermarket K&N filter and aftermarket pipes - without any carb mods?

I was under the impression Maxes were way more sensitive than that.

Mine is still bone stock, so I'm certainly no expert, but are you sure you don't at least have some "jet lag" or hesititation of some kind when coming off idle with those mods in place? :ummm:

You have an aftermarket K&N filter and aftermarket pipes - without any carb mods?

I was under the impression Maxes were way more sensitive than that.

Mine is still bone stock, so I'm certainly no expert, but are you sure you don't at least have some "jet lag" or hesititation of some kind when coming off idle with those mods in place? :ummm:

Not with those mods... Full headers and pods or Seans filter kit WOULD cause an issue.

Chris

Gee like old home week. I used to live in Watertown and worked on Fort Drum for a while. I also worked at on a farm just on top of the ridge on Hadley Rd. right outside of Black River for some extra cash sugaring in the spring and haying in the summer. Guys name was Mike, but as it was 8 years ago I will be dipped if I can remember the last name. His parents owned the farm and it used to be a dairy, but they just raised cattle and ran their sugar bush. Ahhhh the memories of lunch at the Golden Unicorn LOL!!
The GU is still running strong. Not much cleaner, but still running. I am about 1/2 mile from main gate to Drum. It's a small world.

I ain't far away!!!!!:eusa_dance:

I am also running Supertrapps with 6 discs per side......for now:biglaugh:.....and it is a little rich......but it was a little rich with the stock exhaust as well.....my AF screws are also still untouched and covered with the brass plugs.....

I need to get a sync tool.........my baby needs sync'ing bad I think....:confused2:

haha small world. i've played rugby for the fort drum rangers for quite a few years when i can.

I ain't far away!!!!!:eusa_dance:

I am also running Supertrapps with 6 discs per side......for now:biglaugh:.....and it is a little rich......but it was a little rich with the stock exhaust as well.....my AF screws are also still untouched and covered with the brass plugs.....

I need to get a sync tool.........my baby needs sync'ing bad I think....:confused2:

i can send you my cheapo $25 tool. works great but u can only do 2 carbs at a time. once they're all synched send it back. should only be $2 to ship it. if ur intested shoot me an email/call me.

i can send you my cheapo $25 tool. works great but u can only do 2 carbs at a time. once they're all synched send it back. should only be $2 to ship it. if ur intested shoot me an email/call me.

Garrett.....I appreciate the offer.......but it is something I would like to see being done before I attempt it myself......

That's just me.....I can read something a hundred times and still need to SEE it done before I understand what is going on:confused2:

u talking using my tool or synching in general?

its pretty easy, i promise! hah. did u read thru the how-to on the site? it has pics which should help.

Latest posts

Back