!!!!Need Some Serious Help!!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To the change list you will also need to add:

Turn signal relay.

Note also that the red connector to the rev counter/ Water temp/ idiot light pod on the later loom has six connections whereas the earlier one has five.
Not insurmountable but may be easier to swap the pod as well.

I will have to look into that though because I have a custom gauge set up.
Water temp is manual gauge, and I have my working fuel gauge in there with an oil pressure gauge. Wired up all the indicators using LEDs so a rewire might be in order. Thats ok, I have needed to fix the high beam indicator, think it shorted out.
That also might be why I have indication on only the right turn signal and not the left. The gauge pod I used was off a 90.

That also might be why I have indication on only the right turn signal and not the left. The gauge pod I used was off a 90.

Unlikely - it's the fule and oil level wiring that has changed.

Well Well Well
I think I found the absolute last Dyna 3000 for a 85-89 in existence.
It was from a shop in Austraila of all places. Their last one sitting on the shelf for quite awhile.
It was expensive but on its way.
I am going to turn in my stock one to see if it can be fixed so I can have a back up
Then if both of those fail over time I will swap out the 90 wiring harness all together and just go that route.

:punk: Hey, RagingMain, There is a guy on Ebay selling them now. He has more than 10 listed for the early model Vmax. He also has them for the newer models. Good Luck, Spurs

:punk: Hey, a Dealer in Washington has a bunch of them for sale, model # PF-D3K77 with warranty. Just listed them yesterday@$269.99 each. Ebay Item # 130429392514, Good Luck, Spurs

You know what really sucks is I had just looked on Ebay, day prior and pretty much every day before hand, for the Dyna. Found out he posted it the day I ordered from Australia.
Oh well, I ordered one of these as well. So when I get my stock fixed I will have 3.

Back