Needle Spacer

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

texmax

Reaction score
After syncing carbs to try to correct a stutter at low rpm cruise, no joy. So I pulled the needles to see what groove my clip was in & found this on the spacer. The little tit on the spacer is supposed to go into the small hole in the vacuum piston if i read the manual correctly. Mine were not in the hole and bent over if you can see in the photo. This would cause it to run way rich I assume, correct?

Attachments

• DSC01263.jpg
    DSC01263.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 48
Correct, if it wasn't in the slide hole then the needle would sit higher and richen you up.

mark i was just wondering if you have your idle mixture screws (brass plugs) pulled on your bike?

Thanks Mark, thats what i'd hoped to hear. One more question. Would it be OK to clip the tit off so it would seat properly in the piston? It would allow the needle to rotate. Any harm there?

Thanks Mark, thats what i'd hoped to hear. One more question. Would it be OK to clip the tit off so it would seat properly in the piston? It would allow the needle to rotate. Any harm there?

I would think that's fine. I think the only purpose of that nipple is to make sure the needle and spacer are fully seated in the slide.

Ended up clipping off the little nipple on the needle spacer [all 4 of them]. OMG this thing pulls like crazy! Very smooth all the way to redline,no more black sooty can, no more gas smelling clothes after a ride and better gas mileage. My setup is a Factory Pro stage 1 with the clip set in the second groove & stock springs, K&N, stock airbox, and Kerker 4-2-1. Hope this helps someone else. Oh and thanks again Mark on the tits and or nipple info:rofl_200:

I installed my needles seated wrong like your talking about once and it caused the needles to bind in the needle jet. Mine don't have the tits now either.

Rusty

Ended up clipping off the little nipple on the needle spacer [all 4 of them]. OMG this thing pulls like crazy! Very smooth all the way to redline,no more black sooty can, no more gas smelling clothes after a ride and better gas mileage. My setup is a Factory Pro stage 1 with the clip set in the second groove & stock springs, K&N, stock airbox, and Kerker 4-2-1. Hope this helps someone else. Oh and thanks again Mark on the tits and or nipple info:rofl_200:
No problem. Just like beer I like tits and nipples too. :)

Back