Nelson Riggs Saddle bags

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gundoc_iowa

Reaction score
I bought a set of nelson riggs saddle bags....and I have them on the bikd, and they don't look too bad. But I need to find a better looking way to mount them....any suggestions?? I am pretty sure the next decent day I have I will just try 3000 different things until I find something that satisfies me. But I figure more minds are better....

Pics please, then maybe I could come up with some Ideas!

Brownie Riun '10 - Check out post #175 (page 3) which has some sport saddlebags mounted but they are the Cortech brand not Nelson -Rigg. It could possibly give you some ideas though.:confused2:

Last edited:
Check out post #175 (page 3) which has some sport saddlebags mounted but they are the Cortech brand not Nelson -Rigg. It could possibly give you some ideas though.:confused2:
I guess I'm stupid because I can't figure out how to find "post #175". COuld you provide a link?

I have the older tourmaster sb-30 bags. You just throw em over the seat with the velcro straps attached and secure them with the included straps to the rear turn signals and passenger pegs. Fully loaded on my recent trip they did not budge at 90mph+ speeds. I also have a fairly large tourmaster sissybar bag and a tourmaster magnetic tankbag. None of the luggage moved at any speeds.

Attachments

• IMG_2821.jpg
    IMG_2821.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 87
I guess I'm stupid because I can't figure out how to find "post #175". COuld you provide a link?
My bad, I forgot the link:)bang head::bang head::bang head:). I have now set the link at the beginning of my post. quoted here as well.

Brownie Riun '10 - Check out post #175 (page 3) which has some sport saddlebags mounted but they are the Cortech brand not Nelson -Rigg. It could possibly give you some ideas though.:confused2:

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll16/vmaxride06/Picture083.jpg

That pic is on page 18 of the Brownie Run thread. A good shot of the bags.

I have a set of the Dowco sport bike bags

FASTRAX™ DELUXE SADDLEBAGS

1680-denier polyester
Aluminized panels protect from side or under seat/tail exhaust
Patented color-swatch design
Sewn-in rain hood and zipper pulls with extenders
Quick-release buckles and reflective markings
Velcro attachment and web strapping for easy installation
Side compartments and mesh lid pockets for small itemsP
Plastic-molded handle
SIZE: 16" x 10" x 7.75"
MSRP: $104.99

http://dowcopowersports.com/resources/cover_guide/fastrax_luggage/

And like them for their build and features. I also have a Guardian cover and like it a lot. Their more-expensive line has a limited lifetime warranty. :clapping:

Oh, and to give my bike an Italian-Continental style flair related to Mondello del Lario (?), I have a Marsee Moto Guzzi magnetic tank bag which is seriously over-engineered! Just like this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NWT-...Accessories&hash=item2563bd6312#ht_3024wt_948

Back