New Avon on today

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

81LS1Camaro

Reaction score
Got my new Avon Venom put on, its a 170/80-15. Have not had a chance to get it out yet, still pretty crappy out for me.

Attachments

• DSC03736.jpg
    DSC03736.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC03738.jpg
    DSC03738.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 65
  • DSC03737.jpg
    DSC03737.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 62
looks pretty sweet man, you have to swap over the washer? i put a 170 mme880 and swapped the washer but dont think i had to, there is room either way.

looks pretty sweet man, you have to swap over the washer? i put a 170 mme880 and swapped the washer but dont think i had to, there is room either way.

I just put a 170-me880 on mine without the washer swap. plenty -o-room.

Ya that's a great looking tire. Was it expensive?

Also, when you first get out on it, remember to take it easy especially in turns at low speed, the thing will be slippery as hell for a bunch of miles. Don't ask how I know..

usually new tires are super slick, the mold release or just til you scuff up top layer off. I found my avons still slick even after 1000+ miles on them, not sure if its just road surface or tire. The Me 880 are more grippy. Or is it the bike with avons got more power :ummm: that must be it:punk:

i have the same tire on my bike you are gonna like it. its better then the metzler i had.

you like the compound better? or wear? havent driven the 880 long enough to make a opinion on it.

Ya that's a great looking tire. Was it expensive?

Also, when you first get out on it, remember to take it easy especially in turns at low speed, the thing will be slippery as hell for a bunch of miles. Don't ask how I know..

It was $150 from Competition Accessories, I was thinking about the Metzler when I ordered it but couldnt bring myself to spend the extra $30.

Careful with the front - it may not look so worn but it can start cupping quite a bit and will give ya all sorts of wobble woes at both low and high speeds. Remember the front wears kind of 'backwards' - it gets the heavy load on braking rather than acceleration.

Back