new guy

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcl2vmax

Reaction score
Howdy all- been here awhile as a lurker/member/donor. I've been in the shutup and learn mode. I acquired a 2006 Vmax with 2K miles a year ago. Per recommendations here I went with the Metzler 170 rear and Odyssey battery, both right on the mark mods. I also own an FJR 1300, bought new in 2009. It is a fine motorcycle and good at many things, but it just doesn't do it for me like the Max. i will keep the FJR for long distance but when I want to ride a fun motorcycle I will ride the Max. This is a great source of information for this bike. Thanks for everything!:punk:

Welcome and I have same mods. Had to add some foam to my battery box for tight fit. Love the FJR too and test rode the maroon one. Wish I could afford a forth bike! Post pics as we love checking out the competition. Just remember, my bike is better than your bike!

When in doubt...Gas it !!!

Hey, Welcome!

I'm also a long time lurker who finally got with the program. Mine's a 1996. Congrats on the 2006! These guys really know their stuff, and are very patient with questions they've heard a thousand times.

-Marcus

Wecome aboard guys, Im sure in no time you'll be helping the rest of us with whatever it is you can.We all have something to offer.

We're always glad to hear from some new VMax Addicted members. :)
And I can also say there are some great members here and a tremendous amount of Information on anything to do with our pride and joy (aka the Yamaha VMax).

Just seeing if I can attach pics. If it works: the the bag on the rear seat is a Kuryakin Gran Tour, the windshield is from Rifle. I know a lot of you guys probably don't like a cruiser type windshield but this one is great if you spend a lot of time on the highways. It gives the right amount of ventilation and I can actually hear the stock exhaust up to about 55 mph.

Attachments

• P1000367.jpg
    P1000367.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 16
  • P1000370.jpg
    P1000370.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 14

Latest posts

Back