New Heart

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

micklepuss

Reaction score
HI Guys, well I've finally finished fitting my 100hp euro motor into my vboosted bike and have noticed that the flywheel pickups don't have as many pickups as the boosted model. euro motor only has two cables and boosted has five. i have the correct pickups to fit question is which cpu do i use the one from the euro or the boosted cpu if. don't really know what problems i'm about to encounter but if some one has a thought please release it asap. cheers Everyone

85-89 used a different number of pickup coils to 90-07. That's because the ignition was analog in the first few years, then went digital in 1990.

Sounds like you have parts from pre-90 and some from after?

1990 and up went to the 2 wire pick up, you will have to use the flywheel and pickup off your old engine or get a latermodel wiring harness and tci
Rhoy

H,i What is the tci is that the cpu? Is the flywheel different also?
because i've tried to remove the flywheel before and you need the yamaha pullers to get it off and as no dealer around lower New Zealand has one i'm abit stuffed and i've tried many other types of pullers but none will grip properly. I've got the boosted pickups and the cpu and was gonna try them out with that flywheel.

Im not sure if the flywheel is different. TCI, CDI, CPU all the same thing. You just need a good puller with grade 8 bolts and an impact wrench to pull the flywheel, it is on a tappered shaft and fits really tight.

Rhoy

Flywheel and pickup units need changed. Everything else will swap. As noted, the grade 8 bolts are the key with any puller. Tighten as tight as the impact will go them hit the end of the puller shaft and "shock" the flywheel off there.

Sean

wow i've looked at both flywheels and they are completely different.
here a strange one for you all 1990 flywheel wheel had the three mounting holes for puller but my 89 flywheel has the holes but they have been punched just to the side of each hole causing the top two threads to be bent inwards stopping you from applying pullers. might have to grind them off. has anyone else noticed this...?

Latest posts

Back