New Here

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom_Owens

Reaction score
Hi, folks! I'm new here. Just thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Tom Owens, I ride a 2007 Vmax and I live in Suwanee, Georgia.

Any other Georgia Vmaxers headed to deals gap? Let me know. I'm trying to plan to go, and wouldn't mind riding with.

All the best,
Tom

Hello Tom and Welcome to the Vmax Brotherhood! You have come to the right place for all your Vmax needs.
Suwanee, eh? I used to live in Duluth near the origninal Gwinette Place Mall. I know that place had changed a lot since I lived there in late 80's up to '91. I went back to the '96 olympics and it had changed a bunch. I envy all the nice N. Georgia Mountain roads you have to ride on.

It's totally different now. Gwinnett Mall is pretty much totally dead. Everything shut down after the Mall of Georgia opened. It's pathetic, really.

Shame you moved up north. That's GOT to suck...riding wise, I mean. After all, I rode in 70 degree weather yesterday afternoon. I ran Max up to North Carolina and back.

God...if only I were single and rich, it would be ALL I ever did. :)

All the best,
Tom

Hi, folks! I'm new here. Just thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Tom Owens, I ride a 2007 Vmax and I live in Suwanee, Georgia.

Any other Georgia Vmaxers headed to deals gap? Let me know. I'm trying to plan to go, and wouldn't mind riding with.

All the best,
Tom

Welcome Tom
Glad you found us! I am located north of you in TN.

Ohh gee great! ANOTHER 06 07 VMax that is the same color as mine!

I'm going to have to move up new paint on my list! Before I can't find mine in the crowd!
:banana:

Don't You Even Say it 4gasem! :biglaugh:

Just Kiddin Tom...
Welcome to the club!
:thumbs up:

Ohh gee great! ANOTHER 06 07 VMax that is the same color as mine!

I'm going to have to move up new paint on my list! Before I can't find mine in the crowd!

Don't You Even Say it 4gasem! :biglaugh:

Just Kiddin Tom...
Welcome to the club!
:thumbs up:

Say what?:whistlin:
Hey Tom. I think some of us vmoa members may know who you are. Glad to have you here.
njoy the best vmax site on the web.

Hi there Tom , well must be nice (2007) sheez i'm still tryin to make mine look as good as a 95 lol I have a 1987 and live in Hastings Fla, welcome aboard Jason:banana:

Hi there Tom , well must be nice (2007) sheez i'm still tryin to make mine look as good as a 95 lol I have a 1987 and live in Hastings Fla, welcome aboard Jason:banana:

huh? '87? Is it Canadian? They didn't bring mrmax here in 87.

I bet Toms '07 has more miles than my poor K6

All the best,
Tom

Hey Tom, from one 07 owner to another, welcome aboard.:cheers:

Hey KJ...

How much riding time do you get out of the year way Up there in Eskimo land!

Will we see pics of your Max on skis behind a pack of dogs sometime in the future?

Yes Sir, Tom, welcome home to V-Max land. I have an '07 as well. Actually got out for 50 miles last weekend in 50 degree weather. Now we have 5 inches of snow. Georgia on my mind.

Glad to have you--

Chris.

Hey KJ...

How much riding time do you get out of the year way Up there in Eskimo land!

Will we see pics of your Max on skis behind a pack of dogs sometime in the future?

It depends on the person. Personally I stretch the season out as far as possible. I begin when the roads clear enough to ride. May have to dodge an ice patch or too, but nothing too extreme. then stop when the snow starts to stick to the roads. so basically from end of april/first part of may to the end of sept/beginning of oct.

This is all depending on the amount of snow we get for winter and how early fall ends.

Maybe. I've got 4700 on mine. I did miss out on the last 4 months of the year last year after neck surgery though.

Thanks for the welcome, guys. I appreciate it. For you VMOA guys, sorry. It came down to my wife or the organization. That's a no-brainer.

Cool thing is though, I can still meet up and everything with you folks except for Brad.

Again, it has NOTHING at all to do with VMOA. It never did. I miss the VMOA boards a lot, and the really crappy thing is that I had so much planned. It's just my wife, much as I hate it.

In the end, however, she is the one that walked into the shop and cut an $11,000 dollar check for my Max, so what she says, goes.

All the best,
Tom

All the best,
Tom

Welcome Tom!

There are plenty of knowledgeable people on here that are always willing to lend a hand. Albeit virtual.

Once you finally start to make mods there are also plenty of us that have done them as well. Just ask because most likely one of us has done something just like it already.

Unlikely that I will see you anytime soon, but never say never.

Greetings from Cold and Snowy Germany.

Maybe. I've got 4700 on mine. I did miss out on the last 4 months of the year last year after neck surgery though.

Thanks for the welcome, guys. I appreciate it. For you VMOA guys, sorry. It came down to my wife or the organization. That's a no-brainer.

Cool thing is though, I can still meet up and everything with you folks except for Brad.

Again, it has NOTHING at all to do with VMOA. It never did. I miss the VMOA boards a lot, and the really crappy thing is that I had so much planned. It's just my wife, much as I hate it.

In the end, however, she is the one that walked into the shop and cut an $11,000 dollar check for my Max, so what she says, goes.

All the best,
Tom

LOL That's about double what mine has...:bang head: I say the wife comes first for sure!:thumbs up:

That's what mine cost initially too...:whistlin: :bang head:

Glad to have you here Tom.
Cheers,
Chris

Back