New Here

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Deutschland?

Wie gehts? Bist du Deutsche odor Amerikaner ins Deutschland?

Tschuess,
Tom

Servus Tom!!!

Alles Senkrecht!

Bin Ami, aber schon 20 jahre (insgesamt) hier. Ich bin eine Zivilangestellte der US Streitkraefte.

Und Du? Deutsch oder Ami?

Now, for the rest of you a literal translation (makes very little sense).

Servant Tom!!! (Servus is Latin for servant or slave, it is also a common greeting in Southern Germany)

Everything vertical! (Means that I am still standing and above dirt.)

Am American, but already 20 years (all together) here. I am a Department of Defense Civilian.

And you? German or American?

Ich bin Amerikaner. Meine fater ist Deutsche. Ihns war in dem Krieg bei Luftwaffe, JG 26.

Entshuldigung fur meine buchstabieren. Es ist nicht so gut.

Ubrigens: Ich bin 40 jahre alten.

Tschuess,
Tom

Translation:

I'm an American. My father is German. He was in the war in the Luftwaffe JG26.

I'm sorry for my spelling. It is not very good.

By the way: I'm 40 years old.

See ya,
Tom

One small point on Survus.

It's like we sign letters in official occupations. For instance, "Your obediant Servant" or "At your service". It's a very polite thing meant to show the willingness to help and/or be of aide. It is NOT an announcement of inferiority.

Regards,
Tom

Tom,

My German writing is FAR from perfect. When my 8 and 10 year old children correct me I know that I am bad.

Excellent clarification on Servus BTW. Better than mine

Now for some Bavarian:

Mach's Guat, Ser's!

Tom,

My German writing is FAR from perfect. When my 8 and 10 year old children correct me I know that I am bad.

Excellent clarification on Servus BTW. Better than mine

Now for some Bavarian:

Mach's Guat, Ser's!

Go to bed already... :whistlin:

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

I'm not worth spit after 7:30 pm. I'm in bed by no later than 8:30 pm.

In my defense, I'm up at 4:00 am. So there's that. :)

Regards,
Tom

I bet Toms '07 has more miles than my poor K6

Maybe. I've got 4700 on mine. I did miss out on the last 4 months of the year last year after neck surgery though.

Thanks for the welcome, guys. I appreciate it. For you VMOA guys, sorry. It came down to my wife or the organization. That's a no-brainer.

Cool thing is though, I can still meet up and everything with you folks except for Brad.

Again, it has NOTHING at all to do with VMOA. It never did. I miss the VMOA boards a lot, and the really crappy thing is that I had so much planned. It's just my wife, much as I hate it.

In the end, however, she is the one that walked into the shop and cut an $11,000 dollar check for my Max, so what she says, goes.

All the best,
Tom

Hey Tom... Don't sweat the VMOA stuff. It's your life and your family that is more important.
Like they say... If momma aint happy... Then Nobody's happy...

Glad to have you here. The VMF board is just as good as the other boards, and in many ways a lot better.
So sit back and enjoy!

I Hope someone took the time to inform you what NSFW means? If not... let me.
Not Safe For Work...
Generally, when you see "NSFW" on a thread it means caution contents may be... uum... sexually racy in nature.

Hey Tom... Don't sweat the VMOA stuff. It's your life and your family that is more important.
Like they say... If momma aint happy... Then Nobody's happy...

Glad to have you here. The VMF board is just as good as the other boards, and in many ways a lot better.
So sit back and enjoy!

I Hope someone took the time to inform you what NSFW means? If not... let me.
Not Safe For Work...

Generally, when you see "NSFW" on a thread it means caution contents may be... uum... sexually racy in nature.

That's a good point... and welcome Tom! :cheers:
Just avoid the Burn Out Pit forum and you will be OK. All NSFW posts are there (or are moved there by me or the Moderators).

Attachments

• burn out pit.jpg
    burn out pit.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 6
hay tom or should i say neighbor glad there are people within a few miles of me riding v max also lawrenceville here by the new walmart l/suwanee and 29

Hey Tom!

Just spotted this thread; been out to training class all last week.

Welcome aboard, I'm glad to see the Vmax world hasn't lost you. You'd be missed.

To those of you who don't know Tom, he has a lot to offer in technical knowledge.

Later,

Rusty Mcneil

Welcome Tom, I have read some of your posts over at VMOA, very informative.

I keep telling myself don't let anyone get you worked up on the net!

Check out the attachment.

Attachments

• arguing.jpg
    arguing.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 23
Welcome Tom, I have read some of your posts over at VMOA, very informative.

I keep telling myself don't let anyone get you worked up on the net!

Check out the attachment.

Whoa! that was a hidden dig at me wasn't it?:hmmm: LOL

oh well. Tom, once again, welcome to the fold:eusa_dance:

I think that ought to be our forum motto,it makes you think twice how stupid Internet arguments are.

kinda like threatening to cut someone with a fake rubber knife lol

Last edited:
I think that ought to be our forum motto,it makes you think twice how stupid Internet arguments are.

kinda like threatening to cut someone with a plastic butter knife lol

Internet arguments. Ok I hope this next saying doesnt offend anyone. I seen it posted some where just cant remember.

Internet arguments are like the special olympics
Even if you win your still retarded.

Internet arguments. Ok I hope this next saying doesnt offend anyone. I seen it posted some where just cant remember.

Internet arguments are like the special olympics
Even if you win your still retarded.

You probably saw it 3 posts above yours!! :rofl_200::banana::whistlin:

Latest posts

Back