New member from Fort Worth ..

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Takenover

Reaction score
Where are all these bikes? Everyone I've ever known who owned one said it's too powerful..
I've seen probably 2 in 15 years.
Anyways, looking for other enthusiast in the area.

John

I just took my '86 side covers to get powdercoated yesterday. The guy said, "Did you say V-Max?" I was like, yeah, I've got two right now--you want one? He said no... couldn't afford it. I didn't mention that I'd be selling it for like $2500... to a forum member ($3k asking for everyone else if the trans is good).

probably nobody. There are a few places around here, though. I took it to Crosslink. They're really a commercial level shop, but they do individual work for cash. Patmax would probably do it for you, though.

Patmax and Captainkyle both do powder coating here in FL. I imagine shipping to them to get it done would be reasonable.

Yup, I do small jobs like that all the time.
I might even have sets on exchange basis if it is a standard color. I know Captain Kyle has a set in silver up for sale.
PM me for price, colors, options like polished upper and PC lower section, new emblems etc.

PM Me and I'll tell you where abouts I am in Ft Worth. I am rebuilding an 86 at ther moment.

As to these bikes being too powerful, simply refraining from twisting the throttle all the way can cure that. My bike is very well mannered when driven around town and in parking lots because I only use a minimum of throttle. However, the power is nice to have on the freeway. I believe in seeing a problem ahead and getting ahead of it quickly. The VMax will do that nicely.

This is not a beginners bike but it's my second and it's just fine if you use good sense.

Back