VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rosborne

Reaction score
hi guys.just bought an 86 model last weekend.shes only got 2200 miles and been inside the whole time.i've dreamed about these things since they first came out when i was 15 yrs old,now i finally got one.i thought i was a bad ass on my vtx1800!!! look forward to being a member and if anyones ever in shreveport give my a shout

Welcome to the site! Nice score on the low mileage max. VTX are nice bikes as well, but I am sure you will enjoy the max much more. Beware of the mod monkey!

Welcome..

Post some pics of that bad boy..

Welcome and good score . Pics are required a.s.a.p. :rofl_200: Don't talk to the monkey if you can help it.

Welcome to max heaven!

WOW another '86, bring it on, that's the very best year for sure. Best color too, that midnight flake blue :)

That's incredibly low mileage though, I bet the thing looks pristine. However, a lot of sitting doesn't do max many favors, so make sure to give it a real good once over before you go running fast. You'll most probably need tires (Shinkos T230 are the best cheap choice, Metzelers ME880 the best next choice), and it's very likely your carbs will need a little cleanup unless it was mostly stored dry.

Do give us more info (as well as pics) - is it a one-owner bike? How come it was ridden so little?

You will love this place, you have questions we got answers! But as mentioned by others - beware the mod monkey. He'll have you spend your last penny on every and any upgrade you know!

An 86 with only 2200 miles! Dang bro, I want to hear the story how you found that one. I started on an 86.... in 86! So I am sentimental for that year. You ai 't a new is anymore. Start trolling for Harleys now. Pictures man, pictures. Patmax

Thanx for all the welcomes.i'll post some pics after i finish the water pump rebuild.believe it or not,i found it on craigslist in the dallas area.brings back lots of memories of being a teenager and before all bikes looked like harleys.

Welcome!

I live in South Arkansas, about 2 1/4 hours from you in Camden. If you ever ride this way, let me know!

Latest posts

Back