VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kiwi Chris

Reaction score
I have been a lurker for quite a while now but have decided that this year I am taking the plunge and going for a Gen 2 VMAX. I had a 1200 version and loved it until a car took me out on the motorway , breaking my shoulder and destroying the bike. Shoulder is almost healed now so I am going to get back in the saddle. I draG RACE here in New Zealand so I will be getting it ready for the 1/4 mile. I intend to import a bike from USA abut December this year. I will get my country savings money as I will be 65. I have checked out shipping and it is only about US$1200 all in. Favourite bikes here at drags are the Kawasaki 1400 and the Hyabusa. They run in the 9's here and I want tom beat them and possibly dip into the 8's. Is this possible with the 1700? Any one disposing of a Gen 2 about December contact me. Chris

It is gonna take a good bit of work to get one into the 8's ! You are probably gonna have to run NOS or a supercharger or some other extensive mods .
I realise this but thanks for the reply. Bikes have been my life since I was 13 years old. Never bothered to get a car licence. I love the freedom of them and the power.

Keep us informed! I'm a newbie too. Here i mean. Been riding since 1970! Damn those bike's are gettin old!

Back