new tire

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My air compressor is an 8 gal 110 psi .I talked to a guy today that has afriend who will mount and balance any tire pretty much for 25.00 with tire off the bike .I guess the shop is giving me some B.S cause he charges 30.00 and its a waste of his time to mount a tire that he doesnt sell so if he sales me an expensive tire he said there is no mount and balance fee .He charges an extra 50.00to 60.00 if he has to take the tire off the bike.

^ It's still debatable if DynaBeads actually do any good.
Some people say their tires worked just as well with No weight as they did with DynaBeads.
I'd have to see a Tire put on a Balancer without weights and then with DynaBeads to see if they actually do any good at all.

Does this tire look better on the max?. The cost is only a little more money.
Rollingthunder. If you ck out ebay they have em in a pair front n rear. I just got both free shipping from Pinwall cycle I wanna say I got both for under 150.00 wife says 135.00

It's about 3/4 of an inch wider.
It looks Good on a Vmax.
I personally use the Stock size (150/90-15) because I ilke the way it handles in curves/twisties better than the 170/80-15 I used once.

Put shinko TM 230 all the way around on three of my bikes. Sticky tires every time I take them out leave tire marks down my driveway. I really like them and so what if they might not last as long cheap to replace. I have 170 on back of max looks better IMO than 150.

Ok!.Can I put the bike on the center stand and remove both front and rear tires if I put a pull strap on the rear grab bar to support the bike on the center stand ?.

Put it on the C/S, then jack it up under the oil pan and put some jack stands under the frame near the front of the bike.

A pair of frame sliders or case guards make a great place to put a jack stand and make it easy to work on the bike. I typically put it on the C/S, grab the front wheel and lift the bike up and put jack stands under my sliders.

Maybe this will help: Try this support that I made up to change the front wheel but have found that it is useful anytime you need the front AND rear wheel off the ground.
The length of the 2x6 is determined by your measurement from the floor to the botton of the front frame crossbrace, about 1" longer or what ever you want. Make sure that while the bike is on the centerstand and this 2x6 that both whaeels are off the ground. I have the COO conversion kit so I can use the spin on oil filter and thus I have the curved bar but this still works by moving to one side of curved bar or the other. Iwill easily fit in between you exhaust headers with the only possible exception would be the old style Hindle crossover style system.
Disclaimer: It is just a 3 point support system so it won't be as stable as with the front wheel on the ground but it has worked for me to remove the front wheel many times. If you look at the pictures there is a black mark which is where the frame support sits on the 2x6.
IMG_2009.jpg IMG_2012.jpg IMG_2011.jpg

Just bought a pair of Shinkos for my max from leather up.com for 127.08 shipped to my house .The best deal I could find.The shipping is free and I saved an extra 10% cause I bought today .

Latest posts

Back