New to site thought I'd say hello!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello!!

From MN, I am currently searching for a Max to replace my last bike (1100 Virago). Had a Max in 86 (NAVY days), and really liked the bike. Are there any issues to watch for on any of the years? Currently looking at a 05 and one 07 and possibly a 03.

Thanks,

Mac

Welcome Mac!:punk: Good to see another Great Lakes region future Vmaxer! I would say to buy as new one as possible as there has been a few changes (but not the earthshattering type).
Here are a couple that I can think of right off the top of my head:
'93 - changed fork tube diameter from 40mm to 43mm, also went to 4 pot brake calipers as well.
'97 - changed to a spin on type of oil filter.
There are a few more that I can't think of ATM, but others will chime in to let you know of things to watch for.
Good luck on your search!:thumbs up:

:welcome_sign:to the forum MDR. I was in your shoes a few weeks ago. I contemplated going for an 07, but we have provincial and federal sales tax here, and I really didn't want to fork over so much $$$ out the chute. I did that 2 years ago on a new bike. What I did find was a mint '05 with low Km's, so I went that route. I really like the red colour scheme as well as it stands out a bit. Good luck in your search and enjoy the forum.

Thanks for the heads up. I did find a 05 with low miles, but I can get the 07 for a few hundred more. Both are from Private parties.

Nice pics Redbone!!!

Hello and welcome from your neighbor to the south!

Good luck on the search, and have fun making it your own. I've had mine for not quite a year now and I'm just getting to the expensive parts to get done like a stroker and wheels/tires. :D

Back