New Turbovmax Site

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TURBOVMAX

Reaction score
Hello All,

I've been working pretty long hours and haven't had time to do anything but lurk (sorry). Finally things have slowed down a bit at work and I've got some free time. I've updated my site and will be working on getting lots of vmax stuff up there. There's a big link to ths forum in the upper right hand corner.

Please take a look see... and tell me what you think, the navagation is what I'm most interested in getting feedback about. The left buttons are for getting around the site. When you get to the page your looking for ther are additional links to the topic on the right. Also send some test emails using the spinning turb gif and let me know how it goes.

Thank You

Please take a look see... and tell me what you think, the navagation is what I'm most interested in getting feedback about. The left buttons are for getting around the site. When you get to the page your looking for ther are additional links to the topic on the right. Also send some test emails using the spinning turb gif and let me know how it goes.

Thank You

Nice turbo work. You have some nice looking machines as well.

Just my opinion, but it might be easier to navigate your site if you were to keep all your navigation in one area (i.e., the left hand column) and possibly avoid opening links in new windows. I'd keep all navigation in one area, and all advertising/partner links in another area.

You could make it so that when someone clicks on "Draw - Turbo" for example, the "Specifications" link and "Picture Gallery" link appear below the "Draw - Turbo" menu item.

Check this out:
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/switchmenu.htm

There are also many other nice navigation menus on the same site:
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/

Hello All,

I've been working pretty long hours and haven't had time to do anything but lurk (sorry). Finally things have slowed down a bit at work and I've got some free time. I've updated my site and will be working on getting lots of vmax stuff up there. There's a big link to ths forum in the upper right hand corner.

Thank You

Very cool! I would say when navigating to different page use existing window instead of opening a new one. Also, instead of having sub category links on right side maybe have it below main category on left side and indented. I have a couple of pictures of your drag bike on my PC somewhere...have had 'em for rmany years!

Hey Gary,
The site is looking good. I agree with the comments about trying to keep the navagation all to the left side. You could have sub-menus once you highlight the menus (Example - Draw-Turbo could then have the 'specifications' and 'picture gallery' under it.) It is fairly easy to navigat now, so I don't think you have a whole lot of work to do.

Jeff

Thank You!

I've struggled with this for quite a while. Actually left a lot of what little hair I have left on the keyboard trying to figure it all out. While it still has little content... this feedback is good.

I'll see what I can do Shuriken with that nav site you refered me to. maleko89 thanks for the test email...it worked, had a couple of friends who said it didn't but I suspect that has something to do with their email setup. I have a lot of good stuff I've collected over the years I'd like to share with you all.

Thank You!

I've struggled with this for quite a while. Actually left a lot of what little hair I have left on the keyboard trying to figure it all out. While it still has little content... this feedback is good.

I'll see what I can do Shuriken with that nav site you refered me to. maleko89 thanks for the test email...it worked, had a couple of friends who said it didn't but I suspect that has something to do with their email setup. I have a lot of good stuff I've collected over the years I'd like to share with you all.

Let me know if you get stuck. I could help you out. If you're not comfortable with the coding, I'd say leave things as they are. Whatever you decide, backup your existing files before you change anything.

Man this forum has some clever people on board. :worthy:

Great work Gary. I've seen some impressive launch shots before but this one is frikken' awesome. :punk:

How long were you flying :ummm:

Attachments

• vmax.jpg
    vmax.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 26
Happy Thanksgiving To All!

Gleno...you like that launch. I did it with my eyes closed, actually the boost controller malfunctioned and the boost shot to 40 pounds in second gear. Quite a surprise!

Ok guys I've gone back and revamped the navigation on the site. I've also kind of settled on the color graphics on the first page. As Jesse James once said... yeller is the the world recognized color for scared. Please check it out and tell me what you think. Shurkin thank you for the offer, this html stuff is sure tricky. As time goes on I'm sure by trial and error I'll get the hang. Can't get too deep at this point... gotta keep fabricating.

Enjoy your turkey!

Latest posts

Back